Beyonce To Write And Star As Saartjie Baartman In New Movie

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Beyoncé to write and star in her own movie based on the life of Saartjie Baartman

The film will allegedly tell the story of a South African woman enslaved in a Victorian freakshow

2014Beyonce_Press_6_210214.article_x4.jpg

Beyoncé plans to write and star in her own movie based on the life of Saartjie Baartman, a South African woman who was enslaved and exhibited in a freak show in the 19th century on account of her large bottom.

According to reports in The Sun newspaper, the R&B superstar has recruited a team of acting coaches and writers to help bring the story to the big screen.

If the rumours are true, it won't be the first time Beyoncé will have appeared on film. She played Foxxy Cleopatra in the third Austin Powers movie, Goldmember, in 2002 and Deena in Dreamgirls in 2006. However, a Hollywood source revealed that Beyoncé is looking to gain credibility, something that she feels has so far eluded the star in her film career: “Beyonce is desperate to be taken seriously as an actress.

“Even though she’s had a string of well-received movies, she still feels her breakthrough role is yet to come.

“She now wants to write a screenplay that gains her respect – and hopefully awards – from the film industry, and thinks Saartjie’s story could be her ticket."

BIG2014Beyonce_Press_5_210214.jpg

Recently, Democratic Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has sung Beyoncé's praises. Asked whether she'd rather be President or the former Destiny's Child singer, Clinton replied: "I'd rather be president because I can't sing. Nobody would pay to see me sing or dance. Even when I was a way lot younger, it just wasn't in the cards for me.

"You see her on TV, it's impressive. You see her in person, you're just stunned. Thinking like, how does she do that? Really. I mean, she sings, she's up, she's down. It's just amazing. So it's just not in my astrological reading, I think".

Clinton continued: "So I want to be as good a president as Beyoncé is a performer."

In November it was announced that Beyoncé is also set to launch a new streetwear brand with retail tyc00n Sir Philip Green this year.

Read more at Beyoncé to write and star in her own movie based on the life of Saartjie Baartman | NME.COM