"Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F" | Netflix | July 3rd 2024

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's Netflix so it's guranteed to be trash and will disappear into the void after the first weekend it's released, never to be thought of again.
Says more about Eddie than Netflix. they've had a decent slate this year

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Dudes that did Uncut Gems? Nah, they good at what they do but the movie would look a mess and they would fukk up the music.

BHC2 for me had the best look and production value but that was all Tony Scott, rip.
And Tony Scott basically ripped off A Better Tomorrow 2 with that ending

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I will always root for Eddie and Martin, but these older docile versions of them are just not the same :francis:
Yeah, they just a shell of they former self. The 80s and 90s were a long time ago bruh. Eddie's prime was literally 4 decades ago. :mjcry:

Martin, for me ain't been funny since his show ended. Since he had that mental breakdown he been washed. fukk a big mommas house. You So Crazy tho is one of my favorite stand ups. Skinny young Martin was that shyt.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I’ll watch because the first is in my top 10 all time favorite movies, Bruckheimer is back and they got a good cast - Bacon and JGL are solid additions. However after CTA2 expectations are tempered. Be nice if it was at least good.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:hhh: The last part in the car. Yeah, will not be watching this. Didn’t bother with the third one either

First two are classics and rewatched many times.

GOAT intros and vibe to the film. Just look at this

Shake down. Break down :wow:

:ohlawd:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And Eddie need to quit playing and make a sequel to Life,the last movie he was arguably more hilarious than ever.:wow:

If we going to keep making movies nobody asked for.
How can he some of the most important people to that movie arent here anymore

Jangalang!! Jangalang!!

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The thing these reboots and decades later sequels don’t get is that the plot was first over everything. BHC1 is a solidly written film which gets a bump from Eddie’s natural charisma interacting with everyone else. Trying to write the jokes or going for these over the top action scenes over first having a solid plot will fail big time.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think writing and comedy feels a little forced going by the trailers and thing with those Beverly Hills cop movies that the writing was razor sharp and Eddie was just cutting the shyt with everyone. With that said I still think it will be an entertaining time waster at worst.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I think writing and comedy feels a little forced going by the trailers and thing with those Beverly Hills cop movies that the writing was razor sharp and Eddie was just cutting the shyt with everyone. With that said I still think it will be an entertaining time waster at worst.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Watching these sequels they are making for movies that came out decades ago is like meeting up with your highschool friends twenty years after you last hung out and realizing you have nothing in common anymore. You feel nostalgic in the run up, but then it get's painful and awkward and afterwards, all you're left with is disappointment. It's better to let the past be the past and not ruin your memories.

Last edited: