"Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F" | Netflix | July 3rd 2024

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This was MUCH better than I could have imagined. They really just stood back and let Eddie do his thing. Looks like the filmmakers and producers learned from the last two Bad Boys films. People want to see the stars cut loose and just be their charming, funny, roguish, movie star selves.

Even all of the callbacks and scene recreations didn’t feel forced even though they were obvious.

I fukks with this movie. Eddie really hasn’t lost a step, his comedic timing is still top notch.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Funnily enough I feel like Coming 2 America is the perfect anti-thesis to this film. Uninspired garbage. This was actually fantastic in comparison.

I fukked with C2A but I will say i’m a sucker for father/son stories so I guess I was just set up to like it from the get go.

I agree that BHC4 is a better overall film though. But its because Axel Foley by characterization is more dynamic than Prince Akeem. Turnt up hammy silly Eddie is everybody’s favorite so all they had to do was give him the right springboard to basically be a live action Bugs Bunny and you have gold.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I fukked with C2A but I will say i’m a sucker for father/son stories so I guess I was just set up to like it from the get go.

I agree that BHC4 is a better overall film though. But its because Axel Foley by characterization is more dynamic than Prince Akeem. Turnt up hammy silly Eddie is everybody’s favorite so all they had to do was give him the right springboard to basically be a live action Bugs Bunny and you have gold.
I felt the writing was so much more punchy and really allowed Eddie to do a lot more in this; Just little shyt like him walking into that apartment while the dudes were searching it acting like the boss sent him. They played on nostalgia but brought things into the present perfectly. I hope Eddie decides to work a bit more; I still think he fills a void that maybe no one else can fill at the moment

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I felt the writing was so much more punchy and really allowed Eddie to do a lot more in this; Just little shyt like him walking into that apartment while the dudes were searching it acting like the boss sent him. They played on nostalgia but brought things into the present perfectly. I hope Eddie decides to work a bit more; I still think he fills a void that maybe no one else can fill at the moment

I agree with ALL of this.

Even the scene where he goes into the hotel and is about to do his classic make up a story on the fly bit and just says “I’m too old for this shyt” and gives up was fukking HILARIOUS.

I just felt like Coming 2 America had its HEART in the right place and the chemistry between Eddie and Arsenio was still top notch. For instance I thought the flash ack sequence showing how Akeem impregnated Leslie Jones character was both funny and REALLY well done.

But again no arguments on BHC4 being the better overall film. Eddie killed it.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Beverly Hills Cop 1 is in my top 10 favorite movies so was hoping this would be good after the disappointment that was CTA2

Was going to be practically impossible to be as good as the first 2 but enjoyed it. My only issue was some of the daughter scenes. It’s like we get it you’re estranged but how they kept harping on it with her constantly insulting him got grating. Brought things to a grinding halt when it came up. The actress was ok overall but it’s tough to be able to be a character bringing down the main one who is well loved and pull it off. Maybe a different actress could have handled those parts better.

Taggart and Rosewood still had chemistry and JGL fit right in.

Wouldn’t be mad if they did a 5 of this quality. The principal cast said they’re down.