Bethesda who? Sony makes huge acquisition

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Imagine a Xbox stan knowing better than Sony on what's good for their business...

200.gif

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Arcadium brehs might not give much care but this is very interesting as Sony now owns both Funimation and crunchy roll, the two big dubbing and simulcast companies in the country

Should be seeing a great bundle package for both services now hopefully
You don't buy up the block to give bundles and discounts.
Let's just hope this investment means Sony will add more content to both platforms and fix the Funimation app which is notoriously awful.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
i wouldnt be surprised if CR has a very high attach rate with PS4s. that is where i started watching their content years ago

This is also how I watch anime as well. If a series is popular enough and doesn't have any special stream license to a different platform, it'll be on Crunchyroll. It's why Love is War S1 was on Crunchyroll, but S2 isn't I'm pretty sure. I don't think One Punch Man is on Crunchyroll either, unless it arrived later on. Some series Carole and Tuesday, Kakegurui and Seven Deadly Sins are on Netflix.

Sony acquiring Crunchyroll could mean even more series streaming on the platform. Popular manhwas (Korean-made comics, for those who don't know) getting the anime treatment could be a more common thing, older series getting brought to the platform, a lot could happen.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If crunchyroll is no longer on xbox because of this then this is a huge deal... i doubt it tho
This is a Sony deal, not a playstation deal.

It's not like they release all their movies and music exclusively on playstation. They have their hands in more than just the video game industry.

This news belongs in the film room.