Bet on Black: 24 Legacy

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He was kinda meh to me breh. Like not dynamic at all. He shows up in stuff now basically playing the same square jawed law enforcement role with the charisma of a plastic spoon

:mjcry: Damn, breh... I like him in Continuum and Dark Matter. IMO Curtis was cool his first season on 24 like finally a side character just as competent as Jack, then he got nerfed :martin: and then he went out like a mook :beli:

My most favorite character aside from Jack was Tony Almeida, didn't like how the series treated him either.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjcry: Damn, breh... I like him in Continuum and Dark Matter. IMO Curtis was cool his first season on 24 like finally a side character just as competent as Jack, then he got nerfed :martin: and then he went out like a mook :beli:

My most favorite character aside from Jack was Tony Almeida, didn't like how the series treated him either.

Tony is that dude. Rocking that Chicago Cubs mug faithfully

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Ok I was going to ignore this but are you serious? So because it's a black lead that equals a flop? Yeah cause black ish isn't on the air anymore and there are no channels dedicated to black programming in existence and empire isn't the biggest show on network tv. You're right how silly of them

Cacs get defensive if one of theirs gets replaced add in the fact that Jack basically is 24 it's an uphill battle hate to sound cynical but it probably flops with a white guy as well

They would have better luck giving it an original name but it being in the 24 universe with ctu and Jack maybe making appearances at some point like him escaping from his capture at the end of the series

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok I was going to ignore this but are you serious? So because it's a black lead that equals a flop? Yeah cause black ish isn't on the air anymore and there are no channels dedicated to black programming in existence and empire isn't the biggest show on network tv. You're right how silly of them
Sly is racist. But he is one of those racists who thinks they are not because they have some black friends.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Damn now it's certain it's flopping I give it two seasons at most

What they should have done is give closure to that last episode of 24 have Jack retire and have the new guy take over for him like passing the torch

People won't give it a chance without Jack being involved to pass the torch

Add the racial dynamic now and it's an ensured flop hate to say it
I can't believe people still think like this with the success of Empire, Shonda Rime's shows, Power, Ballers etc

Black leads have been hot for the past year on tv

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
:salute:

But man its gonna be hard to replace the GOAT Jack Bauer. He was 24, gonna be interesting to see how they do it. People watched 24 just for Jack, gonna have a lot to do to get people interested without him