Bet on Black: 24 Legacy

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
24 at its best was a popcorn show that was exciting and filled with fukkery, so as long as they stick to the formula I'll watch it and support Black Bauer
You are forgetting the real reason 24 and Jack Bauer were so popular dude was a walking/talking embodiment of white supremacy surprised they never had him burst into a mosque and drop kick an imam.

The only element of the show that works with a black lead is the part about being public enemy number 1 and constantly trying to evade authorities. As far as convert ops like infiltrating a Russian consulate we will never see that.

Ps Of all the ones they could have picked I don't know why they chose this butch lesbian looking kneecrow

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
You are forgetting the real reason 24 and Jack Bauer were so popular dude was a walking/talking embodiment of white supremacy surprised they never had him burst into a mosque and drop kick an imam.

The only element of the show that works with a black lead is the part about being public enemy number 1 and constantly trying to evade authorities. Of all the ones they could have picked I don't know why they chose this butch lesbian looking kneecrow

I've only seen the full run once, but that does sound familiar :lolbron:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Never really got into 24
Might have to fukk with this tho

24: Aftermath... Been There Done That Edition

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
How many seasons of 24 were there?

Y'all watched all 12 seasons of that shyt? :mindblown:

I checked out when Jack "died" in hour 5 and then they shocked him back to life in hour 6 and he was chasing bad guys in hour 10. :dead:

I was like this show is hot garbage.:hhh:

Tony Almera is still alive?? :mindblown:

ETA: Read the plot of the show, nah I am skipping this shyt. I am really over shows portraying Muslims as these bogeyman who live to blow shyt up. How about we do a show on home grown cac terrorists who shoot up schools and shopping centers. More realistic in my opinion. :ld:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How many seasons of 24 were there?

Y'all watched all 12 seasons of that shyt? :mindblown:

I checked out when Jack "died" in hour 5 and then they shocked him back to life in hour 6 and he was chasing bad guys in hour 10. :dead:

I was like this show is hot garbage.:hhh:

Tony Almera is still alive?? :mindblown:

ETA: Read the plot of the show, nah I am skipping this shyt. I am really over shows portraying Muslims as these bogeyman who live to blow shyt up. How about we do a show on home grown cac terrorists who shoot up schools and shopping centers. More realistic in my opinion. :ld:

24 was my shyt. I watched the first four seasons on DVD over Christmas break from college one year and it was incredible. It became this whole thing with my boys coming over and and we just watched and watched and watched.

As far as what made it work then and what may have it work now is that it was the first post 9/11 show that really reflected the fear America felt about the world. And jack was the type of hero for that time. Willing to bend rules and defy laws all in the name of saving the country. It tapped into the zeitgeist

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
24 wasn't shyt. I watched the first four seasons on DVD over Christmas break from college one year and it was incredible. It became this whole thing with my boys coming over and and we just watched and watched and watched.

As far as what made it work then and what may have it work now is that it was the first post 9/11 show that really reflected the fear America felt about the world. And jack was the type of hero for that time. Willing to bend rules and defy laws all in the name of saving the country. It tapped into the zeitgeist
Thing is 24 has had so many seasons that they've exhausted every plot angle. There's nothing new to do so they will simply recycle the same plot points like CTU moles and high ranking well intentioned extremist.

None of those plot points were why we watched. We watched because Jack was the guy who did whatever it took to get the job done. He was a good guy that did bad things as the situation required.

It doesn't matter that the new protagonist is black. You can't recycle that same archetype too. 24 without Jack is just a boring generic show. I'll give this a shot but I'd be surprised if it even got a second season.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thing is 24 has had so many seasons that they've exhausted every plot angle. There's nothing new to do so they will simply recycle the same plot points like CTU moles and high ranking well intentioned extremist.

None of those plot points were why we watched. We watched because Jack was the guy who did whatever it took to get the job done. He was a good guy that did bad things as the situation required.

It doesn't matter that the new protagonist is black. You can't recycle that same archetype too. 24 without Jack is just a boring generic show. I'll give this a shot but I'd be surprised if it even got a second season.

Well I guess we'll have to watch to find out if it's good or not homie. I'm looking forward to it and my friends are:manny: don't know what else to say beyond that

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Well I guess we'll have to watch to find out if it's good or not homie. I'm looking forward to it and my friends are:manny: don't know what else to say beyond that
The only way this show is good is if they come up with something new. If it's the same CTU mole making phone calls in the back room to a high ranking government official in the white house who's working with or using a Islamic extremist and considers himself a patriot it's gonna get old fast. Especially if our protagonist is just a regular army guy who just so happened to get caught up in it.

It's hard to go from a protagonist that clapped up witnesses in his bosses office and got addicted to drugs while trying to maintain his cover to just a normal guy caught up in extraordinary circumstances. I'm hoping the protagonist at least has some type of wild edge to him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The only way this show is good is if they come up with something new. If it's the same CTU mole making phone calls in the back room to a high ranking government official in the white house who's working with or using a Islamic extremist and considers himself a patriot it's gonna get old fast. Especially if our protagonist is just a regular army guy who just so happened to get caught up in it.

It's hard to go from a protagonist that clapped up witnesses in his bosses office and got addicted to drugs while trying to maintain his cover to just a normal guy caught up in extraordinary circumstances. I'm hoping the protagonist at least has some type of wild edge to him.

Like I said, we'll see breh. I pretty much have no expectations for it at this point I just want to see what it is and go from there

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex