Daps
giphy.gif

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Giving the slight edge to Austin but this should be a finals matchup ending in a tie. :stopitslime:

Austin just changed the business completely and led WWF thru out the Attitude Era. Rock is great and would definitely be the favorite to win if Austin wasn't in the tourney. Both have excellent mic work and are good wrestlers as well. I don't think our lives and WWE would be the same if either one of these guys weren't around. They both deserve and are winners in my book. :mjcry:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Ring work (10)

Austin gets an 8.5. Dude was really fukking good up 97' and his neck injury. Then he had to adapt and started doing more brawling which was fine but didn't create a lot of high end stuff. Then 01' came and dude had one of the GOAT performance years in company history.

Rock is so hard to judge imo, he had the very special quality of making his shyt fun to watch. His connection with the crowd and his ability to know what the fukk to do to get them to peak at the right moments is very underrated. I'd give him an 8 but again, hard to judge.

Mic work/promos (10)

Both 10. I lean a little bit more towards Stone Cold's style. After 01' his shtick did grow kinda old. It's wasn't until Tough Enough that dude made me go :whoo: and realize he still had it. Rock was a pure entertainer, breh made famous a bunch of catchphrases that no one else could have gotten to even make the crowd chant for 2 seconds.

Personality/gimmicks (10)
Both 10. Come on now, legendary shyt all around. Rock gets the slight nod here as the little changes he did to his personality over the years were still unique. Corporate Rock, NOD Rock, People's Champ and Hollywood Rock are all A+.

Overall rating (10)

Overall I'd take Steve but I'll be honest, if Rock wasn't such a megastar and had the appeal to go to Hollywood I'm very curious as to how a 2003 to 2008 run would've looked. I think we would've no question gotten a "workrate run" from him like Austin's in 2001. And without the nostalgia and "movie star" baggage that clouded his 2011 to 2013 return, I really wonder how his wrestling mind would've evolved as he grew older.

Number of matches you like from each person

Too lazy to count but as entertained as I've been by Rock's matches, Austin has the more high end stuff. From WCW to 01', he just has more classics, memorable stuff in terms of matches.

Stone GOAT gets my vote but there's no wrong answer here :yeshrug:

somebody actually used the metrics :ohhh: color me shocked