Best streaming media device?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
What is the best streaming media device?

Roku 3?
Apple TV?
Chromecast?
Anything else?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have the following now.
3 Roku Ultras (1 LT)
Roku Streaming Stick
2 NVIDIA Shields (2017 & 2019)
FireTV Stick 4K
Apple TV 4K

I would say my favorite is the Apple TV followed by the Shield and then the Roku Ultra. I don’t really use the Roku Stick or the FireTV Stick 4K much. Somebody just gave them to me.

Apple TV has minimal ads in the interface. Love that.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I use the shytty Walmart Onn Android TV box thing. Sideloaded some stuff to get past some of the default gabbage. Mostly is viewed for ad-free YouTube.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Gold Tier- nvidia shield
Silver Tier - Amazon cube / 4k max
Bronze tier - chromecast 4k / 4k firestick/ apple tv / roku

4th place - ONN, other cheap chinese android boxes

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's still the Nvidia Shield Pro going on 5 years lol.
The Nvidia Shield like all Google TV boxes is crammed with ads. The Apple TV is better just because the home screen isn't pushing a bunch of crap on you. This is if you're a conventional streamer that subscribes to services. I can't speak for piracy.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The Nvidia Shield like all Google TV boxes is crammed with ads. The Apple TV is better just because the home screen isn't pushing a bunch of crap on you. This is if you're a conventional streamer that subscribes to services. I can't speak for piracy.
Download Projectivity Launcher from the Play Store. No ads and you can customize it however you want.

Even still who stays on the home screen? It's still better than that closed down Apple shyt unless you're just watching Netflix and Max.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Download Projectivity Launcher from the Play Store. No ads and you can customize it however you want.

Even still who stays on the home screen? It's still better than that closed down Apple shyt unless you're just watching Netflix and Max.
The only streaming services I watch is stuff like Max, Netflix, Prime, Crunchyroll ect. all mainstream stuff you sub to and download their apps. I don't see it as locked down because I'm using stock apps and have no desire to go otherwise.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The only streaming services I watch is stuff like Max, Netflix, Prime, Crunchyroll ect. all mainstream stuff you sub to and download their apps. I don't see it as locked down because I'm using stock apps and have no desire to go otherwise.
Shield has so many killer apps like Kodi, TiviMate, Smartube YouTube, Streamio, External USB Support, and Emulation. For regular streaming Apple, Roku, and Fire Cube are straight and fine.

Unless...you have a high end sound system cause the Shield is still the only device that can pass through lossless surround sound formats for some reason lol.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
The new version of Chromecast hands down. You don't even have to do anything like all the bs you had to change on the Firestick.