Best single player ps4 games?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's a ninja theory game so you know the gameplay is mediocre at best but other than that I hear it's good. It won some awards at the VGAs too :ehh:
And Zelda BOTW won awards and was praised as a "perfect" game. :usure: You have to take these awards with a grain of salt.
I played and beat Hellblade. Trust me. The game is mediocre as hell.
It's a walking simulator with the absolute dumbest puzzle mechanics I have seen in my life that completely distract the player from the overall narrative.
The story is decent, and the final chapter is memorable, but everything before it will feel like a chore unless you are a rabbid sony stan incapable of a bit of independent thought from time to time.
Here are my thoughts on the game as I played it:
FINALLY got around to playing this.
I finished the first area (or at least the one I chose) which was the fire boss.
Graphically the game is incredible.
The story is interesting, but the pace of it is a bit too slow for me.
The way they handle Senua's mental issues is interesting, but for me, not all that groundbreaking.
Gameplay wise (which is really what matters) this game is mediocre (so far).
The combat is way too simple. The majority of the game is walking around listening to the voices in her head, and lining up shapes with random objects in the environment.
I could get over the simple combat, and time spent walking, but I can't stand the lining up of the shapes.
It's stupid as hell and to make it worse, it's actually what you do most in the game. They should have completely taken this out and completely focused on the combat portions and watching Senua dive deeper into madness.
I'm not ready to say the game is complete trash yet, but honestly, it's feeling like a chore to play this.
Hopefully the story is interesting enough to hold my attention long enough to finish it.

I'll be done with this game tonight most likely.
I got through hell and am in the mountain/castle. I was getting chased by some huge boar monster looking thing and Senua almost fell to her death in the cutscene.
Now I guess I have to take her to go find "what she lost". My brother beat this game already and told me I'm about an hour and a half away from the end.
That said, the second half of this game is better than the first, but overall, I consider it a very weak game.
Graphically it's great, the voice acting is incredible, but the puzzles....these freakin puzzles are CORNY AS HELL and really take away from the experience of what could have easily been a pretty decent game.

Just beat the game. I actually enjoyed the final “chapter” of the game a lot and I thought the ending was incredible. It really ties in the pain of losing a loved one. That aside, unfortunately 75% of the game was boring so I can’t say I recommend it at full price even though $30 isn’t much to ask for a game with this level of production.
I don’t put stock in numbered systems too much.
I’d say the game is alright. Not complete garbage, but it definitely walked a fine line at some points, namely the first half.
A shame that the actual fun didn’t start until the last hour of the game. That boss fight with the boar was dope and the combat leading up to the end was very fun as well. The game had a ton of potential but their insistence on making the game so heavily puzzle based messed up what could have been a very solid overall experience.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
How is it a dying genre?

Dudes are in this thread listening games that were MONSTER titles. Critically acclaimed stuff.

SP games don't get made at the rate they used to. Eveythings focused on online, multiplayer, micro transactions etc.

Even developers that were known to make single player games are clearly leaning towards multiplayer gaming, Rockstar being a prime example.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SP games don't get made at the rate they used to. Eveythings focused on online, multiplayer, micro transactions etc.

Even developers that were known to make single player games are clearly leaning towards multiplayer gaming, Rockstar being a prime example.

And that means the genre is going to die?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is Yakuza 6 but 0 and Kiwami are out now and both have the most underrated story of this gen, imo

Anhur

All Star
Daps
Is Horizon a good game?
Does it have a large open world?
How long did it take you to complete the game?
Does it have good graphics?
Is the story good?

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
Op needs to tell us what kind of sp games he likes. The Ps4 has a huge amount of great so games.

I play ea ufc 2 just making new careers over and over again.
I play skyrim with different characters and ps4 mods.

Haven't really played anything else except fight night champion on the xbox 360.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Have heard great things about Witcher 3 but have never really looked into it. Is it 1st or 3rd person? That will determine if I buy it or not, as I hate 1st person games.

:sas2: