Votes: 9 18.0%

Votes: 11 22.0%

Votes: 20 40.0%

Votes: 8 16.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I rewatched the show a month or two ago

What do yall think the problem was with season 6?

They undid Will's character development from season five and for most of it, he was just the comic relief. He would be in scenes making jokes or doing something stupid and the other characters would look at him like :francis: :gucci: :hubie: :unimpressed:and ignore him. I think the season premiere set the tone because for the first ten minutes, Will is just sitting around bored with nothing to do and everybody's annoyed by him.

It was also the final season, so they went with a lot of goofy premises that they wouldn't have done in previous seasons. There were episodes like getting arrested on Thanksgiving after going to a massage parlor, a murderous clown threatening to blow up an entire courtroom, trying to keep a horse hidden, getting high on laughing gas with William Shatner, and Will burning the whole kitchen down.

And Ashley was really irritating this season. They tried making her a more important character, but every episode about her had the same premise of her trying to prove her maturity or be some hyper feminist.

From what I found out, it was Will's decision to end the show because he felt like he had outgrown television and wanted to do movies full-time. He was also an executive producer in the last season so maybe he had more influence on the writing, but we'll never know.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That typical last season of a sitcom where they're clearly out of ideas so they turn everybody into cartoon versions of themselves

Writers and Will prolly was done and wanted to move on to bigger things.

It was 100% fukkery and all character development was thrown to the
iu

I'm legit pissed off that show ended with Will still acting like a kid and not prepared after his cousins moved on and they sold the house

They undid Will's character development from season five and for most of it, he was just the comic relief. He would be in scenes making jokes or doing something stupid and the other characters would look at him like :francis: :gucci: :hubie: :unimpressed:and ignore him. I think the season premiere set the tone because for the first ten minutes, Will is just sitting around bored with nothing to do and everybody's annoyed by him.

It was also the final season, so they went with a lot of goofy premises that they wouldn't have done in previous seasons. There were episodes like getting arrested on Thanksgiving after going to a massage parlor, a murderous clown threatening to blow up an entire courtroom, trying to keep a horse hidden, getting high on laughing gas with William Shatner, and Will burning the whole kitchen down.

And Ashley was really irritating this season. They tried making her a more important character, but every episode about her had the same premise of her trying to prove her maturity or be some hyper feminist.

From what I found out, it was Will's decision to end the show because he felt like he had outgrown television and wanted to do movies full-time. He was also an executive producer in the last season so maybe he had more influence on the writing, but we'll never know.

I noticed that. Still had some good episodes like

- The juror from the trial goes on Hilary's show
- Will and Carlton get on the roof of a building on a double date
- Urkel is Ashely's boyfriend
- Two part Thanksgiving episode where Will and Uncle Phil get arrested
- The clown that takes them hostage
- Geoffrey's long lost son
- Golf episode
- Two part finale

Best show ever. I hope they never remake it.:mjcry:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Which season had Uncle Phil having the heart attack? That dude in the ambulance had me :laff:

"If your uncle still wants to stop for a burger we can hit the drive thru. With the siren on we don't even have to wait in line..." :dead:
And then they had him in every damn occupation as a running gag :russ:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which season had Uncle Phil having the heart attack? That dude in the ambulance had me :laff:

"If your uncle still wants to stop for a burger we can hit the drive thru. With the siren on we don't even have to wait in line..." :dead:
That dude actually came back several times he had different civil servant jobs every time. I remember will was like that civil servants exam must be really easy :russ: