Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Just rewatched the show

3=4>5>2>6>1

3 to 5 was the peak of the show. The 1st season was really dated - it looked and felt like a completely different show compared to the following seasons

By season 2 (when they changed the old set design) things got way better (the characters were better developed, funnier writing etc.)
:yes: I just finished a rewatch too. I might flip 6 and 1, I liked a lot of the episodes in season 1. Knowledge is Power is one of my favorite episodes :laugh:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Just rewatched the show

3=4>5>2>6>1

3 to 5 was the peak of the show. The 1st season was really dated - it looked and felt like a completely different show compared to the following seasons

By season 2 (when they changed the old set design) things got way better (the characters were better developed, funnier writing etc.)

I usually hate the first season of any show. Off the top of my head, Fresh Prince, Family Matters, Married With Children, Wayans Bros and several others.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
:yes: I just finished a rewatch too. I might flip 6 and 1, I liked a lot of the episodes in season 1. Knowledge is Power is one of my favorite episodes :laugh:
Yeah no doubt, it was close between 6 and 1 for me

1 still had some classics like that ep, Courting Disaster, Mistaken Identity, and Banks Shot

Season 6 was a dropoff, but it still had some funny moments

Last edited:

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I usually hate the first season of any show. Off the top of my head, Fresh Prince, Family Matters, Married With Children, Wayans Bros and several others.
I think i only hate the first seasons of shows if i didn't watch them from the start. I watched Fresh Prince from the pilot (my cousin was a huge Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince fan... kinda got me started on hip hop :yes:) so I always loved that first season. I didn't pick up Married With Children til like season 3, so those first two seasons were too different from what I'd been used to by the time I saw them and I didn't care for them.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I read through this entire thread and didn’t see any mention of the episodes where Sherman Helmsley played the judge Uncle Phil was running against. :martin:

That episode where he died is an all-time favorite of mine. Not only did it have the scene of Carlton dancing to Tom Jones, but it had that classic bit where everyone came to funeral hating him.

“The jerk sentenced me to six months in jail for a crime I didn’t commit, I’m just here to make sure he dead!” :stopitslime:

:russ: That Mexican guy at the wake/funeral said that he was hired by Judge Robertson to be the landscaper. And when it came time to pay him for his services, Judge Robertson called immigration on him. :mjlol:

And I guarantee you Judge Robertson's grimy ass was in the cut and hit dude with the :umad: as he was being taken away. :dead:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The first season of Fresh Prince was really good. It's not the best season, but it has a lot of classic episodes and moments. The only problem is that the characters aren't fully developed yet, which you would expect in the first season. Carlton is just the standard preppy stereotype, Uncle Phil hates Will for the most part, Geoffrey's sarcasm is more subtle, and Hilary's not really stupid, just spoiled and stuck up.

Once the producers realized how much better the show could be in terms of comedy and loosened the reins, it became an undisputed GOAT sitcom. :wow:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah no doubt, it was close between 6 and 1 for me

1 still had some classics like that ep, Courting Disaster, Mistaken Identity, and Banks Shot

Season 6 was a dropoff, but it still had some funny moments

6 was easily the worst. 1 was great with a couple of duds. Like the Zeke & the pig, granny episode. 3 and 4 was really the peak, 2 was great

Really i think every season is great except 6, and part lf 5.

Every sitcom the final season always sucks

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't remember him doing much after a while.. some people just phased in and out without a trace. I always wondered if some spin offs would work but I don't know if any one character is nearly as strong as Will cause Will's charisma was infectious. Maybe Carlton could have cooked.
They wanted to give Don Cheadle a spin off as Ice Tray and even shot the pilot.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island

First season of family matters is the best because half the episodes had 0 Urkel in them