Best Combat Move in An Action Game?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The best combat move I've ever experienced in an action game is called the Intercept. It was a counter attack that is only available through the Hurricane Packs DLC for Ninja Gaiden on the original X-Box. In the Intercept, Ryu intercepts an attack just as it is about to land, resulting in a slight blue flash and preventing him from receiving any damage. This technique is even able to cancel damage from fireballs, flying pillars and rockets. It is also able to charge an instant Ultimate Technique if there is enough essence floating around to fuel it, making it the ultimate counterattack. This move was so fun I actually enjoyed fighting the small fry for once and boss battles became more engaging. Are there any recent games that have a similar technique? Here's an old vid I found of someone fighting Doku with the intercept:

"Intercept was amazing and took precise rhythmic timing to execute, you had to become 'one' with enemy blows. It definitely did not 'break' the game, it was tricky and added much more adrenaline to the combat." - some forum dude​

---
Once you start to learn to intercept, you'll be tapping Left Trigger constantly. Instead of holding down the Left Trigger to block, it's a series of quick taps and attacks that make for a much more intense battle. Try fighting six cat-women while using the Intercept Technique. It's furious, but also satisfying.

the Intercept Technique changes the entire fight dynamic of Ninja Gaiden

Making use of the Intercept Technique multiple times in a fight removes the need to hold block and therefore leave Ryu standing still during combat. You can stay on the move, but still block attacks, even attacks once impossible to defend. But it's the instant attack afterwards that add speed to combat, because you are blocking and attacking in one motion. With the fluidity of combos as they are, you can run along a wall, intercept an attack, instantly perform a spinning slash on an enemy, and then chain that into a long combo, intercepting once again as the combo ends and continuing the string. It's better than any Soul Cal fight you've ever seen. - from IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/07/29/ninja-gaiden-intercept

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Way of the Samurai 1 - Not only do you learn(steal) their move after parrying it enough times, it no longer does damage to you if they try it again.

Castlevania SOTN - Alucard - Soul Steal - Everything had a soul...everything died.

Tenchu 3; The Wrath of Heaven - Rikimaru's kills everything (even bosses) in one hit, Ayame's if lined up correctly could kill everything in her path with one hit.

Witcher 3 - Quen, maxed.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Hunks kick in RE4 :wow::wow::wow:
giphy.gif

Everything Vergil does :wow:

Weskers thrust punch in RE4, His dashing knee and his panther bytch slap in RE5 :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Way of the Samurai 1 - Not only do you learn(steal) their move after parrying it enough times, it no longer does damage to you if they try it again.

Castlevania SOTN - Alucard - Soul Steal - Everything had a soul...everything died.

Tenchu 3; The Wrath of Heaven - Rikimaru's kills everything (even bosses) in one hit, Ayame's if lined up correctly could kill everything in her path with one hit.

Witcher 3 - Quen, maxed.

Props for mentioning that game

Also I'll add

Secret of mana. ( you have to level up each weapon and all just charge the move, but some of those moves look like they came straight out of DBZ or some Chinese action movie.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Witcher 3 - Quen, maxed.
Dat Tenchu reference. I rock with Riki but Tatsumaru was my nikka. :banderas:
Hunks kick in RE4 :wow::wow::wow:
giphy.gif

Everything Vergil does :wow:

Weskers thrust punch in RE4, His dashing knee and his panther bytch slap in RE5 :wow:
Vergil :noah:

The ability to do a piledriver off a rooftop in Spiderman 2 (I think it was that one)
This was my shyt. Best swinging mechanics to date for any Spiderman game. :whew: