Best Buy Ad from 1994

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a good price for the genesis at that point, no wonder sega was finished a few systems later :francis:

Sega was done from releasing too much shyt consecutivly. 3 different Sega genesis models, 32x, Sega CD, Sega Saturn which confused consumers and made loyal consumers jaded over money spent on everything. PlayStation graphics shytted on Saturn's which wowed customers.

Sega just was ahead of it's time and made poor business decisions.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Sega was done from releasing too much shyt consecutivly. 3 different Sega genesis models, 32x, Sega CD, Sega Saturn which confused consumers and made loyal consumers jaded over money spent on everything. PlayStation graphics shytted on Saturn's which wowed customers.

Sega just was ahead of it's time and made poor business decisions.

:usure:

from what I remember 3d may have been better on the PS1 but 2d gfx the Saturn owned

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:usure:

from what I remember 3d may have been better on the PS1 but 2d gfx the Saturn owned

True but 2d was old news at that point. I believe if Sega just took it's time instead of rushing out subpar products, Sony wouldn't exist today. It'd be Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft or even a Sony/Microsoft console.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
3M4j0nn.jpg

:scust:
Those computers were considered the shyt back then:russ: Now if i see someone rocking that i know their life is:flabbynsick:

Controllers were 25 :wow:
I'd kill for a $25 controller now:mjlol:

Last edited:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Funny thing is, I pulled out my OG ps1 (the one I got in xmas 97 or was it 96 :lupe:) OG memory card, and OG ps1 controller. AND THEY ALL WORKED.

:blessed: damn near 20 years and the shyt just worked, meanwhile my damn ps3 (og 60 gb) sounds like a damn 757 when I turn it on :russ: and my OG xbox 360 died after year 3 :scusthov:

Anyway, so much nostalgia looking at the best buy ad. Only thing woulda made it worst was if it was a sears/jc penny catalog or a toys r us ad. I use to make the illest Christmas lists :ohlawd:

you are right about that PS 1

I finished FF7 back in 2012 on my original PS1, original discs and all
( I bought FF7 the day it came out)
would get bored set it aside dust it off
shyt still works.

bout to start 8 and 9 before I retire.:deadmanny:
probably still using the same PS1