Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Yup. Maybe it's my label brain but if you getting a release date nearly 4 months in advance that tells me Def Jam has concerns and is giving themselves plenty of time to delay the shyt out of this if need be. We'll see. Hit Boy a label's best friend when it comes to avoiding samples so that helps. And Alchemist so rich he'll give up pub to get the record right.

Alchemist is good at finding little used, rarely heard records.....plus he can chop something up well enough, you wouldn't know where it came from. I dont think clearances will be in issue with anything he creates for the album.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yup. Maybe it's my label brain but if you getting a release date nearly 4 months in advance that tells me Def Jam has concerns and is giving themselves plenty of time to delay the shyt out of this if need be. We'll see. Hit Boy a label's best friend when it comes to avoiding samples so that helps. And Alchemist so rich he'll give up pub to get the record right.
Or this is what a proper release looks like so you get 3-4 months of promo runs and people building anticipation

And y'all wonder why these shyts is doing 10-20k a week now.. Nobody even knows they coming out and don't care that they are anyway

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Or this is what a proper release looks like so you get 3-4 months of promo runs and people building anticipation

And y'all wonder why these shyts is doing 10-20k a week now.. Nobody even knows they coming out and don't care that they are anyway
Yea, back in the day you’re giving release dates months in advance. Times have changed but it doesn’t mean that for certain artists a proper rollout isn’t a good idea. Lil Baby or Drake can drop out of nowhere and make a splash. An artist like Benny probably does benefit from a more proper rollout. Street single can drop and then a true first single a couple months before the album release or something..

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Y'all watching his interview on Math Hoffa? Apparently he been divorced?

Last edited:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Alc and Hit for a whole album is a hell of a combo.

Benny might need another J Cole stimulus for this album to actually drop though.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Alc rarely samples on major featur es

Recent example

That's a sample but it's Kendrick, who basically has an unlimited budget at Interscope. Unless you're him, Drake, Cole, Jay, Hov, Eminem, Kanye etc you aren't getting big samples cleared on a major. "Big" meaning expensive, not as in familiar samples. Alchemist has given up publishing and royalty rights to get on albums before since he's rich as fukk though. He did that on Schoolboy Q's first album with Interscope, just to ensure the track got on the album. This is a major reason I was very critical of Gunn signing to Interscope/Shady. The meetings are nice and everyone is cool but at the end of the day, why would a label spend big to clear samples on an album that MIGHT sale 10k first week. The sales potential just wasn't there to justify it.

I assume the album is gonna feature a lot of Beat Butcha sample library shyt, where he gives Alchemist some instrumentals to sample. Hit Boy makes most of his shyt without samples so that will be easy. Maybe they get a couple simple samples cleared but nothing crazy. This album prob does what, maybe 30k first week?