Ben hur remake (starring Morgan freeman with dreads)

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if these numbers prove to be true:mjlol:

MGM and Paramount still have three weeks to make their final marketing push, including targeting faith-based moviegoers.

Another big-budget 2016 summer event film could be in trouble at the U.S. box office.

Early tracking suggests Ben-Hur will open in the $14 million to $15 million range over the Aug. 19-21 weekend, a sobering start for the faith-centric ancient epic, which reportedly cost just under $100 million to produce.

However, MGM and Paramount still have three weeks to make their final marketing push, including targeting faith-based moviegoers. Two of the film's executive producers are Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, who are active Christians and the producing team behind the hit movie Son of God and the miniseries The Bible.

Russian director Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) helmed Ben-Hur. The movie is a reimagining of Lew Wallace's 1880 novel Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, not a remake of the classic 1959 film starring Charlton Heston. (Burnett has billed the movie as a "story of forgiveness with an underlying story of Jesus.")

The plot follows a disgraced nobleman (Jack Huston) who becomes a Roman slave after he's betrayed by his adoptive brother. Years later, he challenges his accuser to a great chariot race but is changed forever after a series of meetings with Jesus of Nazareth.

Morgan Freeman, Toby Kebbell, Nazanin Boniadi and Rodrigo Santoro star opposite Huston.

It's hardly the first time Wallace's ancient epic has been adapted for the big screen. There were two silent films, one in 1907 and the other in 1925. The 1959 film won 11 Oscars for MGM (a record at the time), including best picture.

MGM partnered with Paramount on the latest movie, which was originally set to open Feb. 26, 2016. It was pushed to Aug. 12, and then to Aug. 19. Ben-Hur will also make a major push overseas.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I forgot about this movie.

I saw an early screening last year I think. It was incredibly mediocre. We walked out a little while after Morgan Freeman showed up.

Watching the trailer shows the same problems the movie had back then:
Bunch of loud noises, CGI and yelling.
I don't give a fukk about any of these characters. None of them were interesting and I had a problem differentiating them all from each other. I had to watch the trailer again I kept thinking Ben Hur was the brother.
It was difficult for me to understand the characters speaking.I thought maybe it was the audio mixing at the time but now I think it's because they have English accents and they say Jerusalem sounding names.
I was sort of lost as to what Morgan and him were going on about till halfway through the trailer because the dialogue is bland.
They shoehorn this "historical fiction - Christian friendly" bullshyt and it's pandering, Jesus shows up early and it's the corniest shyt I've ever seen and of course they have to flash him on the cross in the trailer.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Saw it on Amazon Prime. The biggest problem was this trying to be faith-based while not appearing faith based. The movie was very mediocre and honestly should have been longer than 2:30 minutes. The pacing was slow in the beginning and really rushed at the end. For the sake of this movie, Jesus (the rebel and teacher) should have played a more central role.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The movie was boring, they needed to jazz it up for modern times

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Embarrassing I'm watching the original didn't even realise there was a remake only come on here to say how embarrassing modern day cgi is in comparison to old films like this. You can actually feel the danger

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Embarrassing I'm watching the original didn't even realise there was a remake only come on here to say how embarrassing modern day cgi is in comparison to old films like this. You can actually feel the danger
That review before was before I saw the movie, it's pretty much a bullet by bullet remake, but it has no soul, some movies should be left alone

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
That review before was before I saw the movie, it's pretty much a bullet by bullet remake, but it has no soul, some movies should be left alone

I appreciate these type of films are impossible to make these days due to health and safety. But the original is so good it holds up and doesn't need a remake

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
who the fukk makes the decision to have Jack Huston talk like that? How does that enhance the movie? "Talk like you smoke 9 packs a day." "Why?" "... b/c it's gritty, you're a badass, i don't fukkin know, you kinda talked like that on Boardwalk Empire, just do it."

Even if that was his addition during his audition, someone should have said "cut the shyt."

Sword and Sandal is as dead a genre as any other. it's toast. name one you thought was really good since Gladiator. Tell ya what, I'll spot you Troy too and I'll allow you to tell me one of the Titans movies was "fun" even though they weren't. Beyond that? all shyt. All biblical movies suck, also.

Barrabas is legendary. But yes. Its a dead genre. Unless we talking bout jesus himself. He gets all the flicks.