Ben hur remake (starring Morgan freeman with dreads)

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Trailer #2:

Trailer #1:

Why remake this in the first place?
This almost looks as bad as "Gods of egypt"
Of course everyone has a british accent. Man i would do a movie like this with a russian or a texas accent

Last edited by a moderator:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
There is no way they don't make this a multi part film because I don't think you can condense this to a 3 hour movie...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It doesn't look as bad as I thought but who exactly was clamoring for a Ben hur remake like really. I wish Huston the best but he should have probably done crow instead of this

Conz

Superstar
Daps
who the fukk makes the decision to have Jack Huston talk like that? How does that enhance the movie? "Talk like you smoke 9 packs a day." "Why?" "... b/c it's gritty, you're a badass, i don't fukkin know, you kinda talked like that on Boardwalk Empire, just do it."

Even if that was his addition during his audition, someone should have said "cut the shyt."

Sword and Sandal is as dead a genre as any other. it's toast. name one you thought was really good since Gladiator. Tell ya what, I'll spot you Troy too and I'll allow you to tell me one of the Titans movies was "fun" even though they weren't. Beyond that? all shyt. All biblical movies suck, also.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
They said "why remake this," the first time they did it
probably :ehh:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Sword and Sandal is as dead a genre as any other. it's toast. name one you thought was really good since Gladiator
Kingdom of heaven
Not so many to mention
But yea, this movie will bomb hard. Unless it has ppl with superpowers, is an animation or has spaceships, a movie wont make money

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
who the fukk makes the decision to have Jack Huston talk like that? How does that enhance the movie? "Talk like you smoke 9 packs a day." "Why?" "... b/c it's gritty, you're a badass, i don't fukkin know, you kinda talked like that on Boardwalk Empire, just do it."

Even if that was his addition during his audition, someone should have said "cut the shyt."

Sword and Sandal is as dead a genre as any other. it's toast. name one you thought was really good since Gladiator. Tell ya what, I'll spot you Troy too and I'll allow you to tell me one of the Titans movies was "fun" even though they weren't. Beyond that? all shyt. All biblical movies suck, also.

I thought Immortals was alright:manny:

But yeah.. Troy was the last one I really liked.

Hollywood ran outta ideas:manny:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Kingdom of heaven
Not so many to mention
But yea, this movie will bomb hard. Unless it has ppl with superpowers, is an animation or has spaceships, a movie wont make money
I'll admit I never got around to the Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut everyone raves about, and while I liked 300 in the the theater, i believe it has the worst replay value of any movie ever. I tried so many times to watch again and i just thought it was garbage.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:leon:at least it has Brown people. That will probably over produce that chariot race since the Heston version still considered one of the best scenes ever and that movie still holds up. I love watching those old Heston movies like Ben Hur and 10 Commandments. Its amazing what they did with practical effects back then...

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Isn't #DemThrones and Lord of the Rings part of this Sword and Sandal genre you speak of?