Being overweight is normal now, more people are obese than just overweight

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
After high school in America people don't exercise. I was a great size during my high school years, then blew the fukk up after that. I then lost a bunch of weight so I understand certain people. But yes, America is fake. Fat is accepted. It's really clear when you come from Korea to Italy then to here.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me I was overweight in high school but I didn't become ridiculous with it till I got to college. My parents didn't teach me any of it. When I got a job at 16 I bought my own food and ate whatever I wanted. I spend the bulk of my 20s not eating "real food" at all.

I actually do have healthy habits my parents taught me like mostly drink water and I eat a lot of soy meat products to this very day. You can't eat nothing but processed food in the microwave and snack products and not blow up and I got to 280 at 5'10 by the time I finished college. One day I work up and decided I was gonna do whatever it took to get my weight handled. That day at my size I cut my calories down to 1800-2000 at a hard limit which I maintained for almost 5 months. I pretty much never exceeded 2000 calories with was a bit below my BMR. I went to the gym hard and spend hours on the cardio equipment and a bit of time in the weight room and I got down to about 200 pounds. People kept telling me I looked good at that weight and I should stop so eventually I abandoned my goal of getting down to 180 and just stopped.

After that my weight over the span of a few years crept back up to about 245. I'm back in the gym now something I stopped doing when I got busy with work after I got a different job. I've since lost 19 pounds over the last 30 days. Losing weight again has been very easy. Easier than it was the first time. It was like in my mind I walked into a room and flipped a light switch and that was it. I've been locked on again. I will admit I eat about 2400 calories a day now instead of eating like a woman but I'm matching my pace of weight loss from back then.
You might wanna fall back on eating all that soy

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You might wanna fall back on eating all that soy
I've cut back on it because it's full of sodium. The fact of the matter is unless you eat nothing but fruits and veggies or you cook all your own food almost from scratch it's pretty difficult to stay under 2300 mgs of sodium a day.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I've cut back on it because it's full of sodium. The fact of the matter is unless you eat nothing but fruits and veggies or you cook all your own food almost from scratch it's pretty difficult to stay under 2300 mgs of sodium a day.

Are you a male? Soy contains lots of estrogen and its advised that men shouldn't consume a lot of it

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-sn-more-americans-obese-than-overweight-20150620-story.html

2/3s of US adults over 25 are either overweight or obese. More of that 2/3s are obese than overweight.

How has the obesity rate gotten so high for black women? A 57% obesity rate is insane and the remaining 43% is split between overweight / normal weight / underweight. That makes the vast majority of black women obese. The obesity rate for women in general 20% lower at 37%.

I'm not even surpised anymore, I honesty think they're putting all this extra stuff (high frutose corn suyrp for one) on purpose to get fat as hell. Pretty much most stuff low to moderately priced (execpt for raw foods) got some shyt in it. Add in a car dependent lifestyle and nikkas bound to blow up like the world trade.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
How bout they decrease the prices on shyt that is considered "healthy" then? My family groceries consist of some healthy items but realistically they only last for a week, if at that. Then its all of the junk that is bad for you that is left. It doesn't help that my entire family has zero knowledge of living a healthy lifestyle with what they consume.
We also need to put more effort into educating one another on our health lifestyles. There have been countless times of when I read or heard what certain foods to do you or even how they are made, I stopped eating that certain food. It sucks when certain parents don't have education on foods and just give their children whatever. My uncle has always been overweight, all of his kids were once normal size but picked up eating up his eating habit. I also have a friend that has had a mother whos been in a wheelchair since the day of his birth and their finical situation isn't good neither. Basically since she can't cook meals and they can't buy healthy food to last them an entire month, they eat fast food everyday.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How bout they decrease the prices on shyt that is considered "healthy" then? My family groceries consist of some healthy items but realistically they only last for a week, if at that. Then its all of the junk that is bad for you that is left. It doesn't help that my entire family has zero knowledge of living a healthy lifestyle with what they consume.
We also need to put more effort into educating one another on our health lifestyles. There have been countless times of when I read or heard what certain foods to do you or even how they are made, I stopped eating that certain food. It sucks when certain parents don't have education on foods and just give their children whatever. My uncle has always been overweight, all of his kids were once normal size but picked up eating up his eating habit. I also have a friend that has had a mother whos been in a wheelchair since the day of his birth and their finical situation isn't good neither. Basically since she can't cook meals and they can't buy healthy food to last them an entire month, they eat fast food everyday.
Are whole foods like meat, veggies, and fruits really that expensive?

the policy should be if it comes in a package and not from the deli no buy. It eliminates 75% of what's actually in a grocery store.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Everything in moderation

I have lost 20lbs this year eating Snickers and Bojangles on a regular basis.... but I can prob count the # of meals I dont cook for myself each week on one hand. Lot of people say its a lack of exercise.... I guess, but I don't think adults were really running around playing sports in the 50s-70s anymore than they are now. Maybe a little more but not much.... if anything now with gyms being so prevalent we exercise more now

It all comes down to diet IMO. I dropped most of that weight with pretty much no cardio. People have no idea how much they eat and to a large degree how much they weigh. Just the knowledge and control of those two things would do a ton. U make a daily calorie budget and when u hit it u stop eating. Really simple concept but u need to know that budget and how much u eat to adhere to it.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Everything in moderation

I have lost 20lbs this year eating Snickers and Bojangles on a regular basis.... but I can prob count the # of meals I dont cook for myself each week on one hand. Lot of people say its a lack of exercise.... I guess, but I don't think adults were really running around playing sports in the 50s-70s anymore than they are now. Maybe a little more but not much.... if anything now with gyms being so prevalent we exercise more now

It all comes down to diet IMO. I dropped most of that weight with pretty much no cardio. People have no idea how much they eat and to a large degree how much they weigh. Just the knowledge and control of those two things would do a ton. U make a daily calorie budget and when u hit it u stop eating. Really simple concept but u need to know that budget and how much u eat to adhere to it.

Exactly, exercise wasn't even an industry until the 80's. We clearly "exercise" more now as a whole. Guess what, exercise also creates hunger..................

Bottom line its four key factors:

Nutrition
Exercise/Movement
Sleep
Stress

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Exactly, exercise wasn't even an industry until the 80's. We clearly "exercise" more now as a whole. Guess what, exercise also creates hunger..................

Nutrition
Exercise/Movement
Sleep
Stress
Yep, def those 4 things in that order of importance

People get fat purely by nutrition....... logic would dictate that they could get unfat the same way.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Nutrition
Exercise/Movement
Sleep
Stress
I find that I can exercise and still eat a regular amount of food. It really doesn't change my appetite that much. I tend to exercise in a fasted state where I do it first thing in the morning or on the weekends I usually go about 12 but I never eat my first meal or anything in a day until after the exercise.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I find that I can exercise and still eat a regular amount of food. It really doesn't change my appetite that much. I tend to exercise in a fasted state where I do it first thing in the morning or on the weekends I usually go about 12 but I never eat my first meal or anything in a day until after the exercise.

Well that's a personal anecdote. Exercising in a fasted state doesn't really have anything to do with my statement.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think people eating more because they exercised is physiological. I used to exercise to be able to afford the calories to eat garbage.