Being Black in China

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where else does this occur in a developed world
Are you asking a rhetorical question? Developed has shyt to do with it, china practiced sinocentrism since the day it started, do You think they've seen many black people?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
better than having your head bashed in or stabbed in a eastern european country, or being harassed to show your passport.

although when i was in russia the small town i was in, it was somewhat the same thing, people wanting to take pictures of me, if my skin rubbed off :childplease:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Are you asking a rhetorical question? Developed has shyt to do with it, china practiced sinocentrism since the day it started, do You think they've seen many black people?

Somewhat...but No I'm curious. Where else in the developed world besides Eastern Asia do they do this? There are plenty of places with very little blacks but they aren't getting their photos taken and followed around like some kind of celebrity. :patrice:

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somewhat...but No I'm curious. Where else in the developed world besides Eastern Asia do they do this? There are plenty of places with very little blacks but they aren't getting their photos taken and followed around like some kind of celebrity. :patrice:
Are you sure? Doesn't the article come from National Geographic? Many people probably just don't have the same output as this woman.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Are you sure? Doesn't the article come from National Geographic? Many people probably just don't have the same output as this woman.

It's quite common. I'm a Japanophile. :patrice: I am a black man that is one with the Asian culture. :patrice:

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's quite common. I'm a Japanophile. :patrice: I am a black man that is one with the Asian culture. :patrice:
I used to be like that with Japan as well. Learned about china last week in class :snoop: they the shyt daw :noah:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents went to Shanghai a few years ago on a business trip (#black excellence) a few years ago and my mom said the Chinese were touching her hair too.,
better than having your head bashed in or stabbed in a eastern european country, or being harassed to show your passport.

although when i was in russia the small town i was in, it was somewhat the same thing, people wanting to take pictures of me, if my skin rubbed off :childplease:

I wouldn't count on the novelty keeping you safe in parts of China, but it depends on where you go. I think the big Chinese cities are safe but this is just a hunch.There's a book about an African in China who was arrested, beaten and imprisoned for daring to marry a Chinese girl. He eventually left the country - but not after he wrote letters to the Chinese president that summarily went unanswered. If nothing else the Chinese are crafty and business saavy so it's worth visiting just for potential connections.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
My parents went to China a few years ago and my mom said the Chinese were touching her hair too.,

There's a book about an African in China who was arrested, beaten and imprisoned for daring to marry a Chinese girl. He eventually left the country - but not after he wrote letters to the Chinese president that summarily went unanswered.

whats that book called?

but thats rare though.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

like i said i went to russia and in teh samll town i was in the same thing happaned, only difference is in eastern european your more likely to get your head smashed in, and thrown over the bridge :birdman:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats that book called?

I think I read about his experience on a blog somewhere. You can probably Google it.

but thats rare though.

I'd say his treatment was extreme but there's definitely some xenophobia against blacks in China relative to whites. But I'm going to visit one day anyway.