Before the reboot series, Ass Creed was like the Arby's of Video games.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well you could slaughter everyone in AC1 also but there was a terrible mechanic where you'd assassinate somebody and neverending respawning dudes would fight you endlessly unless you escaped.
That's because the developers never intended for you to fight off whole groups of people, the mechanics were designed in a way to push you towards playing the game a certain way, you're meant to be stealthy and avoid large scale fights.

That's why I expected more of a "hitman" type of experience in different historical settings from the series.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The combat in assassins creed 1 was nothing like Arkham knight, being stealthy and running from enemies and hiding/blending in were the main focus of the mechanics.

Assassins creed 2 was where combat became a major focus and singlehandedly murdering an entire guard force was normal shyt. It felt like a poor mans arkham gameplay wise.

I was done with the series by the time 3 came out.

I dont think the combat was inspired by Arkham knight since they released within a few months of each other, just that arkham had already perfected the formula and I was expecting a stealth series after the first game.

I look at it now and it looks like its trying to be witcher 3, and that's still not the direction I'd prefer they go with.

The main combat mechanics are still the same in AC1, it's just that in AC1, youre not expected to fight as often. Arkham did it better I agree tho.

That's because the developers never intended for you to fight off whole groups of people, the mechanics were designed in a way to push you towards playing the game a certain way, you're meant to be stealthy and avoid large scale fights.

That's why I expected more of a "hitman" type of experience in different historical settings from the series.

The freedom of choice is fine for me because if shyt breaks down, I should have the option to fight dudes if I get caught in a bad situation. If you wanna play it completely stealthy, 85% of the missions let you do that.

Hell, if you get caught in hitman you can still kill everybody loud and proud and the gamw doesnt stop you

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Origins and Odyssey are good games, so are AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and especially Black Flag. Don't get me wrong AC3, Unity, Rogue, Liberation, and Syndicate was some bullshyt though, and retroactively 1 is damn near unplayable now.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Franchise peaked with the Ezio games. Ac3 was ass cheeks but ac4 was hard. Haven’t copped an ac game since. Got syndicate for free from epic games store and playing thru that now and it’s decent so far:manny:

I still buy all of these mainline versions still though. Ezio is one of gaming's greatest heroes ever.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Odyssey was amazing

:wow:

wish they would get rid of the transitions to present day. Could care less and it ruins the immersion.
I didn’t get into odyssey but I didn’t like any of the AC games until Origins. Totally agree about the weird transitions to present, it had no discernible impact on the story other than being annoying and distracting

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Origins and Odyssey are good games, so are AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and especially Black Flag. Don't get me wrong AC3, Unity, Rogue, Liberation, and Syndicate was some bullshyt though, and retroactively 1 is damn near unplayable now.

Never played Rogue but I heard it was solid, better than Unity anyway

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Liked 1-4 and Origins, and have no desire to play the others aside from Valhalla and maybe Unity.

Don’t get the love for Odyssey either from what I’ve seen, but tbf ship gameplay always seemed forced outside of Black Flag :yeshrug: