Before the reboot series, Ass Creed was like the Arby's of Video games.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The series has sold over 140 million copies(As of Mid-2019)...

Who the fukk buy these mediocre games in the millions, bruhhhh....

That is over 10 million per game in a 11 game series. wtf...Most of these game are pretty mediocre.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I abandoned the series when a realized that they were going in a action oriented direction rather than the stealth I was expecting.

I expected the series to evolve into something more like an open world hitman style of gameplay with a heavy focus on stealth and having a variety of ways to assassinate your targets.

Last time I played, it felt like a lazy Arkham asylum type of game.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You had to have gotten into the franchise when it started to understand why people liked the series. Back when it started there wasn't any games out there like it, and the AC2 series was a great ongoing narrative that people were invested in and wanted to see through. The desmond plotline also was generating it's own hype.

The series was killed by greedy ubisoft executives that realized the series was printing money and bled it dry.

I abandoned the series when a realized that they were going in a action oriented direction rather than the stealth I was expecting.

I expected the series to evolve into something more like an open world hitman style of gameplay with a heavy focus on stealth and having a variety of ways to assassinate your targets.

Last time I played, it felt like a lazy Arkham asylum type of game.

It kind of started out that way, but by the time AC4 came out I wanna say is when the stealth started taking a backseat. That game was still good btw. Series didnt start falling off completely until Unity.

Btw you gotta remember Assassin's Creed came out before Arkham Asylum. Arkham's combat was AC inspired.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Man I remember when I had my 360 and I saw assassins creed, it looked like the dopest shyt ever.

like a legit fresh take on stealth action.

I believe I bought the first game but it just never clicked with me. Prolly due to being in college and shyt. By the time I came back to the series, it lost me.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The Ezio trilogy was excellent for its time they just started milking the series too much after that. Origins & Odyssey are steps in the right directions however I do feel like the stealth isn’t as emphasized as much as it could be. It definitely does feel more like an action RPG with stealth mechanics these days but it’s still fun to play

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
It all went downhill in ac3, that American revolutionary edition with Connor was some ass cheeks, I quit the game halfway and never returned.

ubisoft needs to stop paying and give us prince of Persia and beyond good & evil

Ac has run it’s coarse

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Man I remember when I had my 360 and I saw assassins creed, it looked like the dopest shyt ever.

like a legit fresh take on stealth action.

I believe I bought the first game but it just never clicked with me. Prolly due to being in college and shyt. By the time I came back to the series, it lost me.

AC1 is a legit bad game. Good concept but bad game.

AC2 is where it all started to make sense.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
AC1 is a legit bad game. Good concept but bad game.

AC2 is where it all started to make sense.

AC2 is where they decided to forgo forcing you to be stealthy in order to avoid getting yo ass whupped out in the streets and sort of just gave you the power to master the combat and basically dispatch damn near anybody who wasn't a Templar from early on. You could slaughter whole patrols and just jump up to a roof top and dip compared to you having to earn back your weapons/skills in AC1 which made you, in my opinion, respect the capabilities of the character until you unlocked another part of him that added to the way he battled.

Ac2, if I'm not mistaken added the banking system and other features I can't remember that did push the series in a better direction from 1's annoying 3 mission types multiplied 30 times around the map, but once I saw they gave you the option to just straight up cleave dudes head in the street, it was a wrap for me in playing that game the way I thought it should be played.

Plus as much as I didn't care for Altair, Ezio was even more annoying until he actually matured and I think that was the last game where he was older and not much of a stereotypical spanish lothario.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
AC2 is where they decided to forgo forcing you to be stealthy in order to avoid getting yo ass whupped out in the streets and sort of just gave you the power to master the combat and basically dispatch damn near anybody who wasn't a Templar from early on. You could slaughter whole patrols and just jump up to a roof top and dip compared to you having to earn back your weapons/skills in AC1 which made you, in my opinion, respect the capabilities of the character until you unlocked another part of him that added to the way he battled.

Ac2, if I'm not mistaken added the banking system and other features I can't remember that did push the series in a better direction from 1's annoying 3 mission types multiplied 30 times around the map, but once I saw they gave you the option to just straight up cleave dudes head in the street, it was a wrap for me in playing that game the way I thought it should be played.

Plus as much as I didn't care for Altair, Ezio was even more annoying until he actually matured and I think that was the last game where he was older and not much of a stereotypical spanish lothario.

Well you could slaughter everyone in AC1 also but there was a terrible mechanic where you'd assassinate somebody and neverending respawning dudes would fight you endlessly unless you escaped. And the parkour was really bad, in comparison to the new ones. Also it was repetitive and just to find new story missions it was locked by you getting on ubisoft towers to unlock the missions on your map which was terrible.

For most missions in AC2 trilogy you had a choice of if you wanted to be stealthy or loud, the game didnt penalize you for playing how you wanted.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The AC story died when they killed off Desmond and finished the Juno arc in the comics. Everything after that point seems as if they have no sense of direction of where they want the modern day story to go.

It doesn’t help matters that different studios are involved with each release and don’t seem to follow up on the modern day from the previous games. That became apparent with the Origins ending when they never followed up on the Layla/William interaction.

With that being said, I’m glad that they did away with the bullshyt optional objectives required for full synchronization from earlier games. I think it was AC4 that required you to do a tailing mission with your ship without getting caught :mjlol:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It kind of started out that way, but by the time AC4 came out I wanna say is when the stealth started taking a backseat. That game was still good btw. Series didnt start falling off completely until Unity.

Btw you gotta remember Assassin's Creed came out before Arkham Asylum. Arkham's combat was AC inspired.
The combat in assassins creed 1 was nothing like Arkham knight, being stealthy and running from enemies and hiding/blending in were the main focus of the mechanics.

Assassins creed 2 was where combat became a major focus and singlehandedly murdering an entire guard force was normal shyt. It felt like a poor mans arkham gameplay wise.

I was done with the series by the time 3 came out.

I dont think the combat was inspired by Arkham knight since they released within a few months of each other, just that arkham had already perfected the formula and I was expecting a stealth series after the first game.

I look at it now and it looks like its trying to be witcher 3, and that's still not the direction I'd prefer they go with.