Before Hollywood Does It.... What Movie Would You Remake or Reboot?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
@MartyMcFly says he wants to remake a movie. I don't believe in Hollywood, but I would definetly put my faith in something the gawd produced or co-signed.

Pitch a movie you would remake or reboot and what changes you would make to the new version.

As we see from Hollywood. NO IDEA IS A BAD IDEA.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly says he wants to remake a movie. I don't believe in Hollywood, but I would ded put faith in something the gawd produced or co-signed.

Pitch a movie you would remake and what changes you would make to the new version.

As we see from Hollywood. NO IDEA IS A BAD IDEA.

Fukk it lol: tango and cash

The same setup of an uptown cop and a downtown cop dealing with a drug kingpin but I'd move it to nyc because I understand that geography better and I'd like the clash of cop from Harlem or the Bronx working with a cop from the lower east side.

You make them true narcotic officers, settle on a Tarantino like tone and I feel like you're good. I still don't know if I'd keep the whole "we was framed!" angle but I love the idea of these two cops being a pain in the ass of this kingpin and he wants to stop them.

The movie doesn't do enough to paint them as different aside from the way they dress so I'd flesh that out. Neither one of them have families but one is determined to be a lifelong bachelor. One is cool,with following the rules to the letter while the other thinks the rules should only apply to some people. Take out the little sister angle and keep it about these two guys dealing with their philosophical differences. I see them as a team up between batman and superman really: they both have very different ways of handling their jobs and seeing the world and eventually they grow to respect each other.

The only thing the current tango and cash needs is a better script and consistent direction

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
My reboot pitch:

Home Alone: Lost In Compton

A black family is sending their rebellious teen son to military camp for the summer to get him back on the right path after he is arrested for a misdemeanor. After some confusion at the bus station, he gets on the wrong bus and ends up going to Compton and is mistaken for a gang member returning from youth prison. He ends up playing the role to avoid going to boot camp and ends up learning the real street life. At the end, he realizes that he doesn't wanna be a hard core thug and goes home with a new perspective on life.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My reboot pitch:

Home Alone: Lost In Compton

A black family is sending there their rebellious teen son to military camp for the summer to get him back on the right path after he is arrested for a misdemeanour. After some confusion at the bus station, he gets on the wrong bus and ends up going to Compton and is mistaken for gang member returning from youth prison. He ends up playing the role to avoid going to boot camp and ends up learning the real street life. At the end, he realizes that he doesn't wanna be a hard core thug and goes home with a new perspective on life.

:russ:

I'll also say that my tango and cash project isn't completely thought out as much as it's just something I'd love to do because I think the initial idea deserves more justice.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:russ:

I'll also say that my tango and cash project isn't completely thought out as much as it's just something I'd love to do because I think the initial idea deserves more justice.
I think you have a better pitch than most of these hollywood studios. I think you would actually have a great career in hollywood.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
The Magus.... that movie was trash but the book is just.....:wow: One of the worst book to movie adaptations i have ever seen