Beetlejuice Beetlejuice #1 Again #1 Again | The Domestic Box Office Thread | Sep. 13-15

Which Movie will Gross More this Weekend?

• Don't Worry Darling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The Woman King

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I walked out. Not even because it was SO BAD, but because it just wasn't for me. I got tired of the silly shyt and walked out when the "theres a lot you don't know about your abuela :smugfavre: " nana with a machine gun scene :unimpressed:

I can't even give it a grade. It just wasn't for me at all. Didn't like it

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Black folk are only 12-14% of the population.

WE SHOWED OUT FOR Black Panther 1 on week #1 = 181M Domestic, 331M WW

Latinos are also about 19.1% of the US population and rising... https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/RHI725222#RHI725222

So why didn't they get behind Blue Beetle?

Is it the same reason why women didn't watch the Women's World Cup or the WNBA?

hmmm.

To be fair they said 40% of The people who saw it were Hispanic. And the top five major markets seeing it were major Hispanic areas. But yeah it's really disappointing. DC has had 4 straight flops in a row

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Took my mother to see Sound Of Freedom yesterday. I had never heard of it. She wanted to see it.

Really good. Disturbing as hell, in probably the best way possible. I'm seeing people talk about the innaccuracies of trafficking, but to be honest, that probably would have made for a trash movie, so I can understand as this gets the message out. I saw no Q bullshyt or messaging. It's simply about the guy "snapping" and going on a mission to save a bunch of children. If you see it, I think you'll understand what I mean. As far as why it's making money despite not having huge attendance, this is why:

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair they said 40% of The people who saw it were Hispanic. And the top five major markets seeing it were major Hispanic areas. But yeah it's really disappointing. DC has had 4 straight flops in a row
I think them announcing that James Gunn was restarting the movie-verse last year put a hamper on people's enthusiasm.
WB should be embarrassed at how they completely botched these DC films post Man of Steel :smh: and I say this as someone that has enjoyed 98% of the DC releases

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black folk are only 12-14% of the population.

WE SHOWED OUT FOR Black Panther 1 on week #1 = 181M Domestic, 331M WW

Latinos are also about 19.1% of the US population and rising... https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/RHI725222#RHI725222

So why didn't they get behind Blue Beetle?

Is it the same reason why women didn't watch the Women's World Cup or the WNBA?

hmmm.
Wasn't just black folks seeing Black Panther. Also you got to add in the hype level. MCU was still red hot at that time

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Wasn't just black folks seeing Black Panther. Also you got to add in the hype level. MCU was still red hot at that time
a lot of races saw it but black people were the ones seeing it multiple times
The first Black Panther had an audience of 37% Black, 35% Caucasian, 18% Hispanic, and 5% Asian.