Been watching The Shield recently...

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I might have to cop these DVD's for nostalgia sakes. Seeing the Shield from season one i know i would catch a lot of things that went over my head in the original run.

Yeah, these long shows with so many episodes are always worth rewatching cause they have so many episodes there is always stuff u forgot about.

I did that with The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Oz. I've seen the whole show of the Sopranos about 4 times now. I got tired of it so I don't watch it anymore but these big long shows need to be watched more than once cause there is always stuff that went over ur head the 1st time or u forgot about.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
just skip to season 5 with forest whitaker. easily the goat season, and prob one of the best seasons in tv. I'd put it up there with the best seasons of the wire, sopranos ect..:manny:
Its a travesty that forest didnt get an award for that season. If each season was near that level of quality it would be considered one of the goats but sadly a lot of seasons were pretty weak. Though the series finale is prob the best out of the modern dramas so far.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
just skip to season 5 with forest whitaker. easily the goat season, and prob one of the best seasons in tv. I'd put it up there with the best seasons of the wire, sopranos ect..:manny:
Its a travesty that forest didnt get an award for that season. If each season was near that level of quality it would be considered one of the goats but sadly a lot of seasons were pretty weak. Though the series finale is prob the best out of the modern dramas so far.

I'ma check out the 5th one then but not before I watch the previous ones. I like to know everything that goes on when I watch these kind of shows.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen 4 episodes of the 1st season so far. Pretty good. Not as good as The Wire but its a pretty good cop show.

Vic Mackey looks like this dude tho

700368.jpg

For real?

I just found out about this show recently and decided to give it a go. So far its not bad. I wouldn't say its great but maybe it gets better?

Its entertaining enough but not classic like other shows.

Cool. And yeah I agree with the show not being in HD sucks but the show looks like it will be good.

:laugh:

Well, Ross Kemp is a really known celebrity in the UK, that's why him and Mackey looking alike is funny to me.

Just got done with the 1st season.

At 1st the show put me off cause it looked cheap so I was thinking I wouldn't keep watching it but the story lines are good.

Even tho the production value is cheap looking its a good show. Pretty good cop show.

:heh:

Forget your medication today, retard?

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
I'ma check out the 5th one then but not before I watch the previous ones. I like to know everything that goes on when I watch these kind of shows.

i pretty much saw season 1 and bits of 2 and 3, and skipped season 4. Def didnt feel like i missed much without having to sit through 40 episodes before season 5. As long as you have an idea about the main characters u should be good. Though i thought it was pretty funny seeing anthony anderson as a bad guy out the blue :pachaha:

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
Recently finished season 4, been entertaining so far. Agree with most of the opinion in the thread when it comes to the picture quality.

Sidebar that my fellow Justified fans will get. Every time I see Shane on screen part of me wants him to become Boyd Crowder.

And I definitely wouldn't recommend skipping season 4 to get to 5, Anthony Anderson plays a great role in season 4, rivals the emotion he brought to his character Teddy on 'Hang Time'. That episode where he's smoking secret cigs :ohlawd:

teddysmoke-VSfiGBEp.1358953030.bmp

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
]I might have to cop these DVD's for nostalgia sakes. Seeing the Shield from season one i know i would catch a lot of things that went over my head in the original run.[/B]

Save you money get yourself a Hulu account they have the entire series on there I re watched it last month and it really is a fukking phenomenal show

The last two episodes of the series are two of the greatest episodes of TV PERIOD and I still havent seen a show with a better finish than how they finished the shield.:ohlawd:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Save you money get yourself a Hulu account they have the entire series on there I re watched it last month and it really is a fukking phenomenal show

The last two episodes of the series are two of the greatest episodes of TV PERIOD and I still havent seen a show with a better finish than how they finished the shield.:ohlawd:

So that's why the show hasn't been on netflix. :ohhh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got done with the 1st season.

At 1st the show put me off cause it looked cheap so I was thinking I wouldn't keep watching it but the story lines are good.

Even tho the production value is cheap looking its a good show. Pretty good cop show.

Yeah, I finished Season 1 a few weeks ago. Just started Season 2.

fukkery is an understatement to how they started off Season 2 though.