Been watching The Shield recently...

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I've seen 4 episodes of the 1st season so far. Pretty good. Not as good as The Wire but its a pretty good cop show.

Vic Mackey looks like this dude tho

700368.jpg

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
For real?

I just found out about this show recently and decided to give it a go. So far its not bad. I wouldn't say its great but maybe it gets better?

Its entertaining enough but not classic like other shows.

It gets better and better, in the same way Breaking Bad gets better and better (except The Shield started stronger).

Also, like BB, it gets more and more ridiculous though if you really analyze it. But as long as you keep the proper perspective on the show you should love it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I think I'm like 5 episodes in.

I hate that it's so outdated picture wise though.

I'm used to HD everything

:to:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup:That dude looks like Vic Mackey, get it right. Can't disrespect Vic like that.

:russ:

I don't see the big deal. By series end
I don't think he'll be he respecting him at all

:jawalrus:

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
It gets better and better, in the same way Breaking Bad gets better and better (except The Shield started stronger).

Also, like BB, it gets more and more ridiculous though if you really analyze it. But as long as you keep the proper perspective on the show you should love it.

Cool. And yeah I agree with the show not being in HD sucks but the show looks like it will be good.

:ufdup:That dude looks like Vic Mackey, get it right. Can't disrespect Vic like that.

:laugh:

Well, Ross Kemp is a really known celebrity in the UK, that's why him and Mackey looking alike is funny to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"The Shield" is a good show but it always kinda straddled the line between good and corny. Like they were trying too hard to be edgy and offensive.

I'm not a fan of the lighting or cinematography either. It's not that the show isn't HD, it's that it looks cheap. Compare another non-HD show "The Wire", to "The Shield" and the difference is immediately noticeable.

Fred.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
"The Shield" is a good show but it always kinda straddled the line between good and corny. Like they were trying too hard to be edgy and offensive.

I'm not a fan of the lighting or cinematography either. It's not that the show isn't HD, it's that it looks cheap. Compare another non-HD show "The Wire", to "The Shield" and the difference is immediately noticeable.

Fred.

Yeah, that's what it is. I also read somewhere that the show came out on basic cable so it doasen't have the cinematics of an HBO show or a show on a better channel.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's what it is. I also read somewhere that the show came out on basic cable so it doasen't have the cinematics of an HBO show or a show on a better channel.

From what I understand, and this is also why the show goes overboard sometimes trying to be in-your-face, FX was desperate for a hit that would make their network stand out. So they were given a small budget and basically free reign to do whatever they wanted as long as it made people notice them.

Fred.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
Just got done with the 1st season.

At 1st the show put me off cause it looked cheap so I was thinking I wouldn't keep watching it but the story lines are good.

Even tho the production value is cheap looking its a good show. Pretty good cop show.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I might have to cop these DVD's for nostalgia sakes. Seeing the Shield from season one i know i would catch a lot of things that went over my head in the original run.