Been rewatching the wire....

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In season 3, why the fukk was McNulty so concerned with stringer bell at this point:why:, the entire Barksdale organization was severely neutered and barely moving. McNulty nosey ass had a legit beef with stringer , never seen no shyt like this

The entire reason he wanted a case on the Barksdales to begin with was because Stringer Bell pulled a fast one under him. McNulty wanted to win. It was never about getting Avon, he had the personal vendetta against Stringer.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
One of the reasons why they kept going after Escobar..he killed all of those police and he blew up that plane with kids and women that had American citizens.
It was the Cops. Once they started killing the cops, the cops started killing anyone in connection with him.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It was the Cops. Once they started killing the cops, the cops started killing anyone in connection with him.
Colombia was still losing and complying with his demands until the Americans went after him full force...he left that prison after the executions, he just went top far. Even multi billionaire criminals arent designed to fight a American tracking contingent...he should of made sure they never knew who he was.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Wait, I'm confused about this... So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
I can't find it now, but there was a name for the massacre where they killed 270 police officers.

This article makes it sound like they were always killing police officers, but in the show La Patron Del Mal it was after they killed his cousin Gustavo that they put a bounty out on any officer. Then that and the killing of cartel members is what led to Los Pepes. I forget which book, but it was hinted that Los Pepes almost had to include some element of police.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I've been rewatching 'The Wire' as well now that Max upgraded the video quality. Season 1 is perfect. It's sooo good. Everyone from McNulty to Avon, String, D, Lester, Daniels, Omar, they are all introduced perfectly and all see a lot of great character development as the season roars on.

Season 2 I get why some people aren't into it but I liked the docks mainly because it really touched on a lot of what's been going on with unions the last 30 years. The part about robots taking over really hits hard now. The Greek was meh but what can you do. Ziggy is annoying but the last couple episodes of his arc were done amazingly, think about these school shooter types we see around today, it fit that to a t.

Now I'm onto season 3. The way Marlo is introduced is honestly a bit haphazardly. Obviously his character will get better and better but it's just like everyone is like "who the fukk is Marlo" there's no way a guy like String and Prop Joe wouldn't have had eyes on the kid by now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
One underrated aspect of the show is how well all the side characters also play off of one another. Sgt. Jay Landsman and Major Rawls play so well together, the banter is ridiculously well done between everyone lol

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Lester Freamon is. McNulty was just hellbent on being right, Freamon was actually a genius at the work that went into actually being a detective and getting info

I didn't mean hes a better detective, but imo the most entertaining detective character I've seen. Maybe Frank Drebin.

The Wire is one of those shows where every character is classic though.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
String coulda been messin with anyone, why mess around with D's baby moms? :mjlol: shyts super sloppy, he's supposed to be all educated and shyt.

Of course u wanna keep tabs on her and take care of her but u don't gotta be tryna build nothin lol bro what u doin

I rewatching s1 now. String had his eyes on her from the jump. The 1st time they introduced her, String made her twirl around to get a better look at her body.

She even said. What you looking at???

And as the show moved along, we all see that String didn't fukk with D.