Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and i hate to say it, but it's a wrap

this shyt is over.

if we thought 50 ghost writers on one song and 10 producers with 5 different engineers was bad........ this bout to change it all if you even have a semi talented songwriter/musician

nothing is real anymore. i'm out.

:hubie:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
and i hate to say it, but it's a wrap

this shyt is over.

if we thought 50 ghost writers on one song and 10 producers with 5 different engineers was bad........ this bout to change it all if you even have a semi talented songwriter/musician

nothing is real anymore. i'm out.

:hubie:

Prompt:

"96 bpm bass heavy hip hop song with bay area slang prominently included in lyrics"

Result:

:lupe: yeah this is starting to get legit spooky

Another one:

"a hip hop song about leaving earth to travel to the north star" :mjpls:

Result:

It's clearly referencing 1 particular artist each time it generates something, one of the alternate Bay Area songs was clearly a G Eazy reference and the north star one was clearly referencing Don Toliver/Travis Scott. What's interesting is how it connects the prompt to the particular reference... I ran outta credits but now I want to see someone input a prompt that spits out a GZA/Lupe type result :mjlol:

Within 6 months this shyt is legitimately gonna be indistinguishable from 80% of playlisted music :francis:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prompt:

"96 bpm bass heavy hip hop song with bay area slang prominently included in lyrics"

Result:

Another one:

Result:

It's clearly referencing 1 particular artist each time it generates something, one of the alternate Bay Area songs was clearly a G Eazy reference and the north star one was clearly referencing Don Toliver/Travis Scott. What's interesting is how it connects the prompt to the particular reference... I ran outta credits but now I want to see someone input a prompt that spits out a GZA/Lupe type result :mjlol:

Within 6 months this shyt is legitimately gonna be indistinguishable from 80% of playlisted music :francis:
yeah and if you take that and then put the right people in the room to finish it off.

like i said.... nothing is real anymore.

:damn:

independent artists will still get love... maybe if we get lucky we will see a significant amount of people reject the shyt if they knew it's 90% computer generated on some luddite shyt, but given how things have gotten over the years i wouldn't count on it :francis:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
How do I get commercial rights. :wow:

You don't with AI..
If anything Suno creator would get it. But what royalties when they just need your prompt to re create the track or there's a billion people worldwide making music. No ones 2minute AI music will get exposure.

The cutoff point for me was around 2005 with music, so I don't care what happens now.. :manny:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do I get commercial rights. :wow:
if you have an account it allows you to use it and make some money, but they own all the rights as far as i know.

i'm sure the technology has already been licensed to labels without the same restrictions tho. that's the whole point of these things. :wow:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
You don't with AI..
If anything Suno creator would get it. But what royalties when they just need your prompt to re create the track or there's a billion people worldwide making music. No ones 2minute AI music will get exposure.

The cutoff point for me was around 2005 with music, so I don't care what happens now.. :manny:

What's lowkey interesting to me is how/where they're mining the references for the AI. Artist catalogues have been sold off like crazy the last few years so I'm assuming all of those catalogues are predominantly what's being mined.

If that's where the engine sources its material then it actually presents a different issue w/ the generator which is that you'd be getting an overwhelmingly pop/top 40 skewed music engine that doesn't actually have the reference tracks to learn different musical aesthetics. The best it could do is reference a pop artist doing their version of an underground trend/aesthetic.

Then the question becomes, does the AI have *its own* ideas that you, the prompt inputter, draw out of it that were not present in the source reference tracks. Weird stuff to think about but it's literally real now which is wild.

EDIT: The above is about commercially used AI... labels on the other hand can literally put anything into the database which is scary to think about if you're an upcoming artist. Submitting your demos to a label = AI ghost reference material :scust:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's lowkey interesting to me is how/where they're mining the references for the AI. Artist catalogues have been sold off like crazy the last few years so I'm assuming all of those catalogues are predominantly what's being mined.

If that's where the engine sources its material then it actually presents a different issue w/ the generator which is that you'd be getting an overwhelmingly pop/top 40 skewed music engine that doesn't actually have the reference tracks to learn different musical aesthetics. The best it could do is reference a pop artist doing their version of an underground aesthetic.

Then the question becomes, does the AI have *its own* ideas that you, the prompt inputter, draw out of it that were not present in the source reference tracks. Weird stuff to think about but it's literally real now which is wild.

i'm sure a lot of it is obtained illegally they'll just pay out, ask for forgiveness later. typical with these silicon valley companies. all that matters is the VC money flows till they actually have something to sell, fukk legality.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps

i'm sure a lot of it is obtained illegally they'll just pay out, ask for forgiveness later. typical with these silicon valley companies. all that matters is the VC money flows till they actually have something to sell, fukk legality.

Europeans are against art. It's all over. They care more for technology and cheap convenience over organic produce.

Remember when artists complained about Apple streaming.
They said it would kill music, but then the Capitalist Steve Jobs got paid billions for killing music as we knew it.
Music was never the same ever again and the internet got flooded by millions of wack bedroom artists.
I see the same with Sora and the video one.

Real musicians and film makers are now dead.

This has cheapened music.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Prompt:

Result:

Another one:

Result:

That second song 🕺