Beef | Netflix Series Discussion Thread

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Ali Wong..... I need it

puppet-awkward.gif

Breh, she's got a whole standup bit about how her stay at home, ex-husband was blessed because if she put out a craigslist that said "Asian woman, seeking anal". Dudes would be tripping over themselves to get to her. Her character in BEEF is basically one of her stand-up bits fully fleshed out.

IDK man it's something about a little foul-mouthed woman in glasses that does it for me.

But what I love about the show is everyone is so damn repugnant but have their moments.
Amy, Danny, Issac and Paul are pretty easy to see. But George is feckless and neutered, and the ONE TIME he shows some spine he spazes and shoots someone. His mom is faking the funk and basically extorting Amy for half the season, even the folks at church are messy and are quick to lift up Danny over Edwin.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Just binged. I enjoyed it but it didn't send me thru the roof or nothing. Isaac was the homie. Breh was just tryna ball and see his family eat.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

EXCLUSIVE: When Beef creator and EP Lee Sung Jin accepted the umpteenth award for the limited series at yesterday’s Spirit Awards, he said he underestimated the enjoyment of the dopamine that comes with winning, and that he will miss it.

Maybe not. The Dish hears that he is circling cast for a second season of the Netflix A24 show, and he’s got some beefcake thesps circling. We hear that the storyline this time will revolve around two feuding couples. May December revelation Charles Meltonand Cailee Spaeny (a revelation in Sofia Coppola’s Priscilla) are being courted to play one of the couples. Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway are the names we hear. Latter meshed nicely in the Ed Zwick-directed Love & Other Drugs. Admittedly, this is early, and no deals are in place, but we understand a limited season’s worth of scripts were just turned in or are about to be, and that Netflix and A24 are ready to get the second season into production by late summer or fall. Word of all this was circulating in chatter at the weekend’s award shows — Beef won at both the Spirits and the Producers Guild Awards

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
With all the awards he won, this is just a matter of scheduling. He can have almost any actor he wants for a limited prestige series.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is the new White Lotus :ohhh:

Eh, White Lotus is more nuanced and grounded. Beef has some class commentary, but White Lotus Season 1 is fundamentally about the lack of fluidity between classes. WL Season 2 about how sex (or the desire for sex) can destroy relationships.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Thought this shyt would be more of a comedy. This was the same feeling I had when I watched Bojack horseman. One second it's :mjlol: then it's :francis: