Beef | Netflix Series Discussion Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
somebody recommended I watch this…said it’s hard to stop once you do…will probably give it a chance…plus I really wanna see the luther movie…haven’t subscribed to netflix in ages tho…maybe they finally have some other shyt I can watch too

*edit*

the trailer didn’t move me at all, but she also recommended station 11which I absolutely enjoyed so I’ll give this a fair chance

Last edited:

Lobo

The Main Man
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
laughing-lol.gif

Paul really did that shyt. Told that man he fukked his wife LONG dikk style and got the receipts in hand as well. Live via Satellite RING fukkery :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
He was choking that bytch. fukkin her raw. He fukked up something so good too askin for money

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Finished it up and this was one of the best shows I’ve watched on Netflix in a while. They need to get A24 onboard for more series as the storytelling in their productions just comes across so genuine to me. The level of pettiness between Amy and Danny felt like a madness rollercoaster I wanted no parts off of. :mjlol:

Yeun has been on such a roll lately. His performance here is exactly why I was surprised by the limited screen-time in Nope. Wasn’t sure how Wong would fare as I’ve only seen her in stand-up specials, but I was really impressed with how well she managed to hold it down. These two leads are at odds so much on the show that it makes their chemistry standout in a grand way during the moments they actually do share together on-screen.

That was some masterful execution with the tone shift between Eps. 7-8. Made for a graceful shift when shyt really did hit the fan in the penultimate episode. :whew: All season long it felt like something insidious was hiding amongst the story that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, especially with those abstract title cards, and it finally unveiled itself here.

I was NOT expecting Jordan to go out the way she did. :mjlol:

The final episode felt like a psychedelic-enhanced therapy session. There was a lot of philosophical talk, self-reflection, and forgiveness between the leads that I appreciate after how chaotic the previous episode was. Had found out this show shares the same cinematographer from EEAAO and I could definitely see the similarities in this particular one.

Paul really did deserve better and I’m glad he’s able to break away. Good on Danny for acknowledging his mistakes.

Story wrapped up well enough to suffice as a one and done season and I’m not sure how I’ll feel about a second unless they somehow manage to bring back the original cast and creative. There’s been talk of this being an anthology series and just going off of how Netflix has handled these kind of things in the past…yeah, I’m more than fine with this being just one season. :pachaha: