Be like EA Games brehs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To me, it’s like will smith making a slap joke at an award show next year. It’s like Breh you ain’t out the clear yet.

Just keep your head low and put out a few more hits

And for the record I’m not outraged or even bothered by this tweet I just find it hilarious when corporate Twitter tries to be Dow with the kids and fails

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
These scars run deep :mjcry:

People are hype about EA again because of their good single player output and what they got coming up, they just don’t want to be reminded of that nasty era. Thats all

Andromeda and anthem should have never happened the way they did

Yeah, I think people just miss that old Mass Effect trilogy/Dead Space/Bad Company 2 era, and they're mad at EA fumbling the sequels for those games while also fukking up new anticipated IPs like Anthem / Amy Hennig's Star Wars game.

In terms of monetization, everyone's doing it, not just EA, you can't single out one publisher for that when MS is selling $40 planes on Flight Sim and Activision is selling pay to win Warzone skins. You already know about 2k.

The reality is, there's clearly evidence of an effort to learn from their mistakes. Not every publisher is going to have a shooting percentage of Sony or Nintendo. And outside BF2042, which I blame DICE for, EA is slowly coming around and making games people like again.

Respawn said they begged EA to make Apex Legends when they wanted nothing to do with it, jedi fallen order surprised EA with how well it did, and it takes 2 is an indie title. These are your best examples of EA doing things right lol. Meanwhile you have a ton of games mismanaged by EA, and you think that's enough for people to get over how garbage they are as a publisher.

You don't see why a big company like EA would be hesitant to release Apex Legends, their first F2P BR title (which was admittedly created as a side project), to compete with Fortnite, instead of working on a sequel to Titanfall 2 or an already established IP (ex. Star Wars)?

It Takes Two isn't fully independent. They were still funded, marketed, and published by EA. This is normally what happens before an acquisition. I think Knockout City was the same situation. Nowhere close to a fully indie game, and thats why these games had decent production values.

Something tells me you're not going to change your opinion about EA even if those 4 upcoming single player games do well lol.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
To me, it’s like will smith making a slap joke at an award show next year. It’s like Breh you ain’t out the clear yet.

Just keep your head low and put out a few more hits

And for the record I’m not outraged or even bothered by this tweet I just find it hilarious when corporate Twitter tries to be Dow with the kids and fails

Yeah but there's also an element of politics and self-awareness here, and EA made the mistake of making a joke at the expense of a vocal group of gamers.

Like I said somewhere above, there wouldn't be any outrage if you swapped "only single-player games" with "only BR games" or "only sports games".

Mainly cause BR or sports games players probably aren't even going to catch that tweet or even care about it.

ⓑⓞⓝ ⓑⓞⓝ

A Magical Thing ✨
Daps
Hi
I saw this tweet, 😂. I was like 🤔 I'm a Sims player. I even just got some more packs since there was/is a sale. They make single player games and posted this. I didn't get upset about it, but I don't think it hit like EA thought it would.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Maybe it's an age thing...I grew up in an era when everything you needed was right there when you bought the game.

I hate that the focus is on multi-player and purchasing add ons.

Last edited:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
EA has been voted one of the worst companies in gaming multiple times. Tweet just the latest dumb thing they've done.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You really got someone in here defending EA of all companies:heh:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Nerds have the dumbest priorities. Why even waste energy outraging about this dumb shyt