Be like EA Games brehs

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are still salty over the state of Battlefield 2042 and the cancelation of that single player star wars game directed by the uncharted director.

It would be like 343i making jokes about studios fake pandering to minority groups they don't give a fukk about, after their juneteenth debacle. Or CD project red joking about studios releasing unfinished games after they dropped cyberpunk 2077.

They kind've made that joke before it even came out. Definitely remember some promo material ending with this.

Cyberpunk-2077-coming-when-its-ready.png

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They kind've made that joke before it even came out. Definitely remember some promo material ending with this.

Cyberpunk-2077-coming-when-its-ready.png
They made the joke when they were still the beloved studio that made the Witcher 3.

If they did this after cyberpunk released they would have gotten a negative reaction.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Not really when EA multi-player games are monetized garbage.

Especially when they were saying single player games were dead and canceled highly anticipated games for being linear single player experiences. It's tone deaf coming from a company like EA.

This is something they said over 10 years ago lol. Today they have the Jedi franchise, and they're rebooting Dead Space, with Mass Effect and Dragon Age on the horizon too.

Sure, its not the best idea to be making a joke that would be divisive with your customers, as a business (its perfectly fine in other situations), but the reality is, this is just losers being losers. If EA made the exact same joke replacing "only single-player games" with "only BRs" there wouldn't be any outrage.

Either way, this is all besides the point, I'm just pointing out the irony in how a lot of these people are those typical white losers who act like society is too sensitive or PC today, and are now are being overly sensitive over a joke directed towards their video game genre preference, because these games are sacred to them.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This is something they said over 10 years ago lol. Today they have the Jedi franchise, and they're rebooting Dead Space, with Mass Effect and Dragon Age on the horizon too.
No they didn't say that 10 years ago, they said it after they canceled the Amy henig star wars game and said the reason for the cancellation was that gamers didn't want single player games. Disney threatened to pull the star wars license from EA.

They fukked up the last mass effect game by pulling the studio to make Anthem and left a skeleton crew for Andromeda, they're currently bleeding talent at bioware over the direction of dragon age 4. They fukked up the last dead space game trying to make it an online bullshyt game filled with micro transactions, then closed down visceral games because they didn't make multi-player games.

The point is that people are tired of EA trying to forced monetized bullshyt into every game and they don't wanna hear jokes about it.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
No they didn't say that 10 years ago, they said it after they canceled the Amy henig star wars game and said the reason for the cancellation was that gamers didn't want single player games. Disney threatened to pull the star wars license from EA.

They fukked up the last mass effect game by pulling the studio to make Anthem and left a skeleton crew for Andromeda, they're currently bleeding talent at bioware over the direction of dragon age 4. They fukked up the last dead space game trying to make it an online bullshyt game filled with micro transactions, then closed down visceral games because they didn't make multi-player games.

The point is that people are tired of EA trying to forced monetized bullshyt into every game and they don't wanna hear jokes about it.

12 years ago is when they said the actual quote:

I think you're conflating that with Amy Hennig only said its hard to get a AAA single-player game pitch approved 3 years ago:

They fukked up a few games and a few studios, but they clearly didn't abandon these franchises since they're still financing development of their sequels. I doubt they're even going to make much money from Dragon Age 4 with how long its been in development, but they're clearly still planning to release it, based on the recent name and release window reveal. And they already announced that the upcoming Dragon Age and Dead Space games are single-player only. The whole Dead Space 3 situation was like 9-10 years ago lol.

I really think people need to get over this weird old grudge with EA. I'm not saying they're great, because they are trash imo, but a lot of these old gripes with EA dont really hold up today. Respawn has said themselves that EA has no bearing on how they choose to monetize Apex Legends. The 2021 Game of the Year was an EA game too - a game without any monetization.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I mean, thats even besides the point, their own internal teams weren’t happy about it so it goes beyond angry gamers

Its the usual damage control lol.

All of the major industry shill platforms were reporting on this story with fake outrage. Its insane how something this trivial even became a story.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I really think people need to get over this weird old grudge with EA. I'm not saying they're great, because they are trash imo, but a lot of these old gripes with EA dont really hold up today. Respawn has said themselves that EA has no bearing on how they choose to monetize Apex Legends. The 2021 Game of the Year was an EA game too - a game without any monetization.
I think EA should start releasing good games before you tell people to "get over this weird grudge with EA". Even if the original quote was from 10 years ago, actions speak louder than words and the direction of their games over the last 10 years have shown that they weren't just talking shyt when it was said.

You're bring up games that aren't even out yet and ignoring all the bullshyt they've been on to try and prove a point.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I think EA should start releasing good games before you tell people to "get over this weird grudge with EA". Even if the original quote was from 10 years ago, actions speak louder than words and the direction of their games over the last 10 years have shown that they weren't just talking shyt when it was said.

You're bring up games that aren't even out yet and ignoring all the bullshyt they've been on to try and prove a point.

Fam I mentioned 3 recent EA releases that have all been received extremely well by both critics and players in this convo with you: Jedi Fallen Order, It Takes Two, and Apex Legends (not single player, I know).

I think you're far too attached to their old fukk ups 10 years ago that you are refusing to acknowledge some of the good games they've been releasing. Knockout City, GRID Legends, Star Wars Squadrons, are all games that got a decent reception too, even though they arent for me.

I feel like hating EA is like one of those old gaming narratives, like when people say: all Sony does is make cinematic third-person walking simulator games - when they've clearly released hardcore niche experiences like Demons Souls, SIFU and Returnal in the last couple years.

But like I said, I do think EA is overall trash as a publisher (nowhere close to as bad as Ubisoft, which only seems to catch half of the hate EA does), and I dont wanna come off as some EA apologist, but theyre clearly making some positive changes, mainly: separating games that should be single-player and games that should be multi-player, instead of shoe-horning in a multiplayer component in every game or a single-player campaign for a game that doesn't need one (i.e. Battlefield). And they're clearly back to making single-player only games too, with all these upcoming single-player only games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fam I mentioned 3 recent EA releases that have all been received extremely well by both critics and players in this convo with you: Jedi Fallen Order, It Takes Two, and Apex Legends (not single player, I know).

I think you're far too attached to their old fukk ups 10 years ago that you are refusing to acknowledge some of the good games they've been releasing. Knockout City, GRID Legends, Star Wars Squadrons, are all games that got a decent reception too, even though they arent for me.

I feel like hating EA is like one of those old gaming narratives, like when people say: all Sony does is make cinematic third-person walking simulator games - when they've clearly released hardcore niche experiences like Demons Souls, SIFU and Returnal in the last couple years.

But like I said, I do think EA is overall trash as a publisher (nowhere close to as bad as Ubisoft, which only seems to catch half of the hate EA does), and I dont wanna come off as some EA apologist, but theyre clearly making some positive changes, mainly: separating games that should be single-player and games that should be multi-player, instead of shoe-horning in a multiplayer component in every game or a single-player campaign for a game that doesn't need one (i.e. Battlefield). And they're clearly back to making single-player only games too, with all these upcoming single-player only games.

These scars run deep :mjcry:

People are hype about EA again because of their good single player output and what they got coming up, they just don’t want to be reminded of that nasty era. Thats all

Andromeda and anthem should have never happened the way they did

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Respawn said they begged EA to make Apex Legends when they wanted nothing to do with it, jedi fallen order surprised EA with how well it did, and it takes 2 is an indie title. These are your best examples of EA doing things right lol. Meanwhile you have a ton of games mismanaged by EA, and you think that's enough for people to get over how garbage they are as a publisher.

They deserve all the hate they get, and they shouldn't be on the internet joking like they aren’t the worst company in the gaming industry.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Respawn said they begged EA to make Apex Legends when they wanted nothing to do with it, jedi fallen order surprised EA with how well it did, and it takes 2 is an indie title. These are your best examples of EA doing things right lol. Meanwhile you have a ton of games mismanaged by EA, and you think that's enough for people to get over how garbage they are as a publisher.

They were also originally planning on making dragon age 4 a co-op multiplayer game with season passes and changed their minds after anthem bombed and jedi fallen order did well

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell

They deserve all the hate they get, and they shouldn't be on the internet joking like they aren’t the worst company in the gaming industry.

Exactly. People seem to forget what happened to SimCity, The Sims 4 and it's overpriced content packs, and even NBA Live.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They were also originally planning on making dragon age 4 a co-op multiplayer game with season passes and changed their minds after anthem bombed and jedi fallen order did well
Every recent success under EA was done despite EA's best effort to fukk it up, and people think they deserve any type of praise, it's crazy.