Be honest, young bloods, what's the longest you've gone without playing video games?

GrudgeBooty

Rookie
Daps
I only ask this because I have a chronic illness and I realized opening Steam or holding my Pikachu Nintendo Switch Pro Controller seems to be more important to me than good health. The only time I don't play is when I'm stuck in bed sick. So that might be maybe a day or two days? I think I'm addicted to this shyt. NO, I know I'm addicted lol. Reading and videogames. I guess it could be worse. I could be back on that rock.

Thank you for reading!

Daps
Probably 3 months if I'd had to guess, maybe even 4. When I was younger, I would live and breath this shyt. Game everyday for hours, beat Sonic 2 and Mario 3 in one day without saving. Be on gaming websites reading all the news and making list on what games I would play next and tracking the prices :mjlol:

Now I almost have to put this shyt in my schedule to get some hours in.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Probably a month or two without touching a single game.
I regular go a week or two without gaming at all and it's common for my sessions to be 30minutes to an hour max.
I still have those late night 3 or 4 hour runs from time to time but as far as gaming every single day, that's been over for a few years now.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When I was in college and I needed to pass the weed out classes, I completely shut off my Xbox for the entire semester.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Years. I bought a launch ps4 and got caught up heavy at work and getting my MBA. Never ended up playing it too much so I sold it and didn't buy another one until 2017. I too have a chronic illness that affects my dexterity so i take breaks anyway. But the pandemic has gotten me more into gaming than I have been the past decade.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I stopped gaming from 2015-2017 purely due to lack of time. Gaming 2 hrs per week at most didn’t appeal to me.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Several months while I was in the military. Otherwise, only a couple days at most throughout most of my life. I did have a moderate hiatus when I got my first serious girlfriend and a few years after our break up. Back then, I still played occasionally, but it was far from daily then. I think I'd go weeks at a time without playing anything, as work and prioritizing hunting for the ladies took up the bulk of my time. I remember missing quite a bit of PS2 era games due to that time frame. Nowadays, it's rare that I'll go a day without at least an hour of some sort of game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
According to my exophase I haven't played anything since May 1st of 2022. I've easily gone 6 months not touching any game. Truthfully I booted GTA Trilogy and played it a few minutes but I haven't seriously gamed since February of 2022 when I was playing Edge of Eternity.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
From 2012-2020 I stopped fukking with games almost completely. I was only playing the major AAA exclusives, and even then it was like 1-2 games a year. The only reason I got a PS4 was because of MGSV.

The whole pandemic and my job going fully remote is what got me back into gaming. With things opening up again, I have been slowing down a lot on gaming again.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My momma wouldn't let me play games during school weeks, so there was many mondays thru fridays where I didn't play, but I was always right back at it on Sat-Sun. Then I think I had been to summer camps or family members houses for months at a time without a game, but that's about it.

But in general, ever since I got a gameboy color and learned how to play pokemon gold, I've been a gamer and have never had an extended hiatus from games. It's a lifestyle. :ehh: