Be Honest, Dragonball GT > Dragonball Super?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
So now y'all want to pretend you weren't on the edge of your seat weekly during the Tournament of Power arc?

shyt wasn't breaking records and shutting down streaming services huh?

TOP wasn't a debatable top 3 Dragonball story arc huh?

Super > GT. Y'all got short ass memories.

Tbh the TOP was very very underwhelming. It was a tournament that featured characters from across the multiverse and how many of them were even memorable? How many of the fights were even decent? Aside from Jiren who cares about any of the new characters that were introduced during that arc? :skip:

I don't care about the streaming numbers. Streaming wasn't even around when GT dropped. The TOP was a great idea that flopped execution wise imo. I've seen dragon ball fan manga's do the multiverse tournament idea way better than super did.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
GT wasn't as fleshed out as it should've been that's why it's called "Goku Time" and has a ton of reused animations but at least it didn't feel like a blatant action figure & video game cash grab

Super's as empty calories can you can get, nothing redeeming about watching it. For the talk about the golden oozaru I'd rather that than feeling sensations in your back & tummy and now you're the one of the universe's strongest

Super is complete trash. Add in SSJ4 looking better than and making more sense with lineage than any transformation in Super and Goku not getting nerfed in IQ points, give me GT

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
GT wasn't as fleshed out as it should've been that's why it's called "Goku Time" and has a ton of reused animations but at least it didn't feel like a blatant action figure & video game cash grab

Super's as empty calories can you can get, nothing redeeming about watching it. For the talk about the golden oozaru I'd rather that than feeling sensations in your back & tummy and now you're the one of the universe's strongest

Super is complete trash. Add in SSJ4 looking better than and making more sense with lineage than any transformation in Super and Goku not getting nerfed in IQ points, give me GT

Thank-You-Gif-the-Office-Steve-Carell – All the Cubs

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

i love the modest handwave of all of GT's flaws then shytting on super in the most reductive way possible :wow:
One thing I have with Super is that The End of Z makes no sense now:pachaha:
yeah so you missed the part where all the villains came back in GT just to get shyt on in the most absurd way possible huh :wow: had freiza and cell looking for putty patrol for what

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
i love the modest handwave of all of GT's flaws then shytting on super in the most reductive way possible :wow:

yeah so you missed the part where all the villains came back in GT just to get shyt on in the most absurd way possible huh :wow: had freiza and cell looking for putty patrol for what
I’m talking about the last 2 episodes of Z

Them not seeing each other in years

Pan’s age

They on a universal level when considering power

They just put in alot of unnecessary plot holes :hubie:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Tbh the TOP was very very underwhelming. It was a tournament that featured characters from across the multiverse and how many of them were even memorable? How many of the fights were even decent? Aside from Jiren who cares about any of the new characters that were introduced during that arc? :skip:

I don't care about the streaming numbers. Streaming wasn't even around when GT dropped. The TOP was a great idea that flopped execution wise imo. I've seen dragon ball fan manga's do the multiverse tournament idea way better than super did.
Can't agree with this at all.

Goku vs Kefla

Goku and Vegeta vs Toppo and Jiren

Jiren being an unstoppable menace bodying folks left and right

Frieza's antics and general fukkery

Hit (who is also > anyone introduced in GT) doing Hit things

Master Roshi, Krillen and Tien all getting their moments

Gohan and Piccolo vs the Super Nameks
Gohan and Frieza vs Dyspo

That team up fight right before the Jiren/Toppo finale.

Tension to the point where I didn't think the Z cast was gonna win this one

Jiren breaking down, losing his shyt and going full heel

Goku mastering Ultra Instinct and having all the Gods give their respects

The unexpected winner

ToP was peak Dragonball and everything I want out of a Dragonball arc. I'm sorry you couldn't be in Dragonball bliss the way the rest of the world was in 2017 during this arc:wow:

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Can't agree with this at all.

Goku vs Kefla

Goku and Vegeta vs Toppo and Jiren

Jiren being an unstoppable menace bodying folks left and right

Frieza's antics and general fukkery

Hit (who is also > anyone introduced in GT) doing Hit things

Master Roshi, Krillen and Tien all getting their moments

Gohan and Piccolo vs the Super Nameks
Gohan and Frieza vs Dyspo

That team up fight right before the Jiren/Toppo finale.

Tension to the point where I didn't think the Z cast was gonna win this one

Jiren breaking down, losing his shyt and going full heel

Goku mastering Ultra Instinct and having all the Gods give their respects

The unexpected winner

ToP was peak Dragonball and everything I want out of a Dragonball arc. I'm sorry you couldn't be in Dragonball bliss the way the rest of the world was in 2017 during this arc:wow:
Forgot Goku & Frieza teaming up:damn:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I'll say this, execution on both shows were horrible. Especially so for Super, as the anime industry grew up and refined their methods of storytelling. From DragonBall to Z there was definitely a more advanced style of storytelling told.

Super just didn't care. The Black arc was one of the worst Shonen arcs I've ever seen.

GT while fumbling had interesting stories. The colour pallette was obviously horrific, but apparently the film degraded so badly that's what we saw. In contrast, Z also had this but has been colour corrected quite often.