Be Honest, Dragonball GT > Dragonball Super?

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
GT had good ideas just executed horribly. I liked the idea of the final arc with evil shenron existing due to all their selfish wishes with the dragonballs. I think the ending is perfect and should have served as the end of the franchise

I just can’t fukk with super at all and I tried. I don’t give a fukk about the universe shyt, animation is ass everyone looks plastic, story is even more nonsense than usual (try explaining the goku black shyt to someone new to the series). honestly I just grew out of the franchise in general but I def have fonder memories of GT

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
DragonBall GT had a lot of good ideas but poor execution. If GT could've tweaked a few things it could have been really good. GT IMO has the same tone as DBZ. It felt like a rightful continuation even with all it's problems.

There are very few things I enjoyed about Super. The animation was garbage for most of the series, Goku's character regressed a lot mentally and nothing felt felt serious in Super. Beerus and Whis are always there in case things get a little out of hand and I don't like that. Frieza blows up the earth? Thats no problem Whis can just rewind time. Don't even get me started about the terrible retcon DBS did to Bardock :scust:

I have a long list of gripes with super. Also, SSJ4 is still the BEST Super Saiyan transformation to ever come out of the DragonBall Franchise :yeshrug:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
So now y'all want to pretend you weren't on the edge of your seat weekly during the Tournament of Power arc?

shyt wasn't breaking records and shutting down streaming services huh?

TOP wasn't a debatable top 3 Dragonball story arc huh?

Super > GT. Y'all got short ass memories.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So now y'all want to pretend you weren't on the edge of your seat weekly during the Tournament of Power arc?

shyt wasn't breaking records and shutting down streaming services huh?

TOP wasn't a debatable top 3 Dragonball story arc huh?

Super > GT. Y'all got short ass memories.

Other way around, it’s recency bias. Dragonball is hot gain and everyone is hype for the new series but GT was the more creative and risk-taking follow up

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I recently watched GT & now I’m currently on Super this is how I would rank the series

Z
OG
Super
Kai
GT

Sure SSJ4 is probably the best looking Super Saiyan transformation but that’s all it has :yeshrug:

Buu was supposed to be the strongest villain in the universe feels like they nerfed Goku for no reason

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I recently watched GT & now I’m currently on Super this is how I would rank the series

Z
OG
Super
Kai
GT

Sure SSJ4 is probably the best looking Super Saiyan transformation but that’s all it has :yeshrug:

Buu was supposed to be the strongest villain in the universe feels like they nerfed Goku for no reason
Buu's power shifted multiple times in one arc. Power scaling died in Namek tbf

Elder handing out 'unlocked potential', zenkai boost math, piccolo merge math, etc.... even before the androids showed up the old power numbers were cooked.
As opposed to golden Frieza and Frieza black :dead:
yes

that's how we know you don't know what you're talking about lmao

frieza is honestly the only villain in super and z that was even marginally consistent within his own arcs lmao

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Thats my issue with Super, it keeps scaling for no reason. At least GT used a lot of original Z/DB villains
:mjlol: It’s a shonen it goes with the genre. The next big bad or power up is going to be stronger than the next. They’ve been doing this since DB.