Be honest brehs, did you think The Last of Us would be such a big hit?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I thought it would be a good quality show but not HBO’s second biggest next to Game of Thrones, and this is during Playoff football

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Thanks for reminding me bout to go watch the 2nd episode

I had real low expectations tbh but it’s one of the best pilots I’ve ever seen, it’s cool that Sony is taking it serious

High quality games, and now high quality tv shows. I wonder how many awards they win this year on the first season :laff:

And Disney should just give Spider-Man to Sony

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yes, and I hope this opens the floodgates to more video game adaptations. There's a lot of games with interesting/quality stories that would make great shows/movies.

And I still want someone to make a proper Resident Evil. :birdman:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I expected it.

I suppose by virtue of being a premium channel, HBO does two things great at a higher clip than they don't: developing good projects, and letting word of mouth do its thing.

Just off the top of my head, shows like Barry, The White Lotus, Euphoria, and The Wire are/were shows that knew their audience, and we're fine with letting them do a lot of the heavy lifting for promoting the show and growing the audience. For example, the most reason season of Euphoria ended up averaging something like four or five times average viewership than the season premiere. And it wasn't really because HBO was assaulting you with promo for it. The audience did that shyt.

In this case, all they really had to do was make sure the show was decent, and throw enough meat out there for fans of the games to think it might be faithful. Fans of the game and games media have been carrying this show's water like a motherfukker.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, I expected it.

I suppose by virtue of being a premium channel, HBO does two things great at a higher clip than they don't: developing good projects, and letting word of mouth do its thing.

Just off the top of my head, shows like Barry, The White Lotus, Euphoria, and The Wire are/were shows that knew their audience, and we're fine with letting them do a lot of the heavy lifting for promoting the show and growing the audience. For example, the most reason season of Euphoria ended up averaging something like four or five times average viewership than the season premiere. And it wasn't really because HBO was assaulting you with promo for it. The audience did that shyt.

In this case, all they really had to do was make sure the show was decent, and throw enough meat out there for fans of the games to think it might be faithful. Fans of the game and games media have been carrying this show's water like a motherfukker.

Yeah, I saw gene park from the Washington Post on good morning America talking about it lol

You really gotta take this as a win for all games media not just Sony

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Zombie shows always get bonus points off gp.

If it's high quality it's gonna be super successful.

The last of us has the benefit of having a ending so it should close really strong

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forgot he was even in that movie, i think most people did. Movie in general was so unmemorable

He's low-key one of the most bulletproof actors working right now.

Bruh doesn't say a fukking WORD about being in Wonder Woman 84 or Kingsman 2, and gets to skate like nothing happened. :mjlol:

Wonder Woman 84 wasn't even the only shytty Wonder Woman thing he was in. He was in that shytty Wonder Woman pilot from 2011 that got bushed, and took no Ls off it. :mjlol:

He was in that stupid ass "Imagine" video from 2020, and no one had smoke for him. I don't think I've ever seen an actor have as much career security as him without having a gigantic hit they're directly responsible for.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He's low-key one of the most bulletproof actors working right now.

Bruh doesn't say a fukking WORD about being in Wonder Woman 84 or Kingsman 2, and gets to skate like nothing happened. :mjlol:

Wonder Woman 84 wasn't even the only shytty Wonder Woman thing he was in. He was in that shytty Wonder Woman pilot from 2011 that got bushed, and took no Ls off it. :mjlol:

He was in that stupid ass "Imagine" video from 2020, and no one had smoke for him. I don't think I've ever seen an actor have as much career security as him without having a gigantic hit they're directly responsible for.

He got too many hits, from Thrones to Narcos, to Mandalorian, to Last of Us…he can put out 3 more stinkers and it won’t matter at this point