Bayley of Damage CTRL vs Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair, Karl Anderson vs Finn Balor...Raw 10/24/22

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
All I ever heard was "Do something with the US and IC titles" It finally happens and people are still not happy. :manny:

Now people want Roman on every show defending the title each week and how soon will that get old and people hate it too?

You can't please everybody.
I mean two things are true in this case

The IC and US titles are as good as they’ve been in forever

They’re still secondary titles tho and Roman plowing through everyone makes the whole roster look coochie in comparison. Is what it is

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I mean two things are true in this case

The IC and US titles are as good as they’ve been in forever

They’re still secondary titles tho and Roman plowing through everyone makes the whole roster look coochie in comparison. Is what it is
Of course they are secondary, always will be, that's just the nature of it. People can't deny they've been elevated in the absence of a dedicated world title for each show and I think that's the purpose, which is also not a bad thing.

Now let's say you get one title off Roman. Guess what. That title will also be secondary to whatever title he holds. That is also the nature of two separate world titles. One will always be second fiddle.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Did I just see Sal Rinauro on RAW?

one of my favorite ROH jobbers of all time. Him and Rhett Titus :russ:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Ehhhh that sounds good but it honestly makes it look and feel like everyone else are bums compared to Roman.

And if he's rarely ever around why should we tune in weekly to watch the bums?

You can elevate them shyts all you want, They're still secondary titles.
Thank you! Trying to make it sound like sound like those mid card belts are big time now. when all it is is people who should be in the main event like Bobby and Seth are carrying a title they’ve been since moved past. Not a single person got elevated but Gunther.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Of course they are secondary, always will be, that's just the nature of it. People can't deny they've been elevated in the absence of a dedicated world title for each show and I think that's the purpose, which is also not a bad thing.

Now let's say you get one title off Roman. Guess what. That title will also be secondary to whatever title he holds. That is also the nature of two separate world titles. One will always be second fiddle.
It wasn’t a secondary title before. Why would it be one now? You just a big fan of the tribal chief. it Doesn’t make sense to unify all those belts but not end the brand split. Smack down has 7 belts in the men’s division. While Raw only has one which is a midcard belt.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

I think to most people at least - wrestling is the most exciting when it feels like all the top contenders are capable of winning the WWE championship on any given night. In the best era, it seemed the WWE championship could change hands at any moment without being hot-potato'd. Every main eventer was credible. We had The Rock, Austin, Triple H, Angle, Taker, Show, Kane, Lesnar, Eddie etc. that all felt like threats year round.

This current WWE lacks that completely. You don't really see top guys like Kevin Owens, Drew or Seth and believe they have even a smidgen of a chance at dethroning Roman. There hasn't been one single Roman match this year where I genuinely felt he was in danger of losing that title. Nobody seemed or seems like a credible threat. We know the result the minute the match is announced.. I mean, his next match is against the Jake Paul nikka. He's obviously gonna win that.

and that's not Drew, Seth, Lashley etc. fault. they've all done the best they can with what they've been given.. but WWE just feels like there's Roman and there's everyone else. He has no real peers. He's on an island by himself, holding the titles hostage until they can make the super obvious Mania match that literally none of us want to see against The Rock. Again, it is what it is.

and I love Roman. He's the best thing going currently if ya ask me. But he has no real peers. it's just him. That island of relevancy shyt is legitimate. he's so far above the pack that it makes anything he isn't involved in seem unimportant.

edit: I say all that to say that people just want a WWE where main eventers like Seth, KO etc. actually feel like main eventers, and not just Roman fodder and tiers below him. it would actually be beneficial to Roman if that were the case and he had credible opponents we actually believed had a chance of beating him.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

This isn't true. It wasn't the case when Roman and Lashley both were champs last year or when Brock and Roman were champs at the same time.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I think to most people at least - wrestling is the most exciting when it feels like all the top contenders are capable of winning the WWE championship on any given night. In the best era, it seemed the WWE championship could change hands at any moment without being hot-potato'd. Every main eventer was credible. We had The Rock, Austin, Triple H, Angle, Taker, Show, Kane, Lesnar, Eddie etc. that all felt like threats year round.

This current WWE lacks that completely. You don't really see top guys like Kevin Owens, Drew or Seth and believe they have even a smidgen of a chance at dethroning Roman. There hasn't been one single Roman match this year where I genuinely felt he was in danger of losing that title. Nobody seemed or seems like a credible threat. We know the result the minute the match is announced.. I mean, his next match is against the Jake Paul nikka. He's obviously gonna win that.

and that's not Drew, Seth, Lashley etc. fault. they've all done the best they can with what they've been given.. but WWE just feels like there's Roman and there's everyone else. He has no real peers. He's on an island by himself, holding the titles hostage until they can make the super obvious Mania match that literally none of us want to see against The Rock. Again, it is what it is.

and I love Roman. He's the best thing going currently if ya ask me. But he has no real peers. it's just him. That island of relevancy shyt is legitimate. he's so far above the pack that it makes anything he isn't involved in seem unimportant.

edit: I say all that to say that people just want a WWE where main eventers like Seth, KO etc. actually feel like main eventers, and not just Roman fodder and tiers below him. it would actually be beneficial to Roman if that were the case and he had credible opponents we actually believed had a chance of beating him.

That’s their fault. You step up to the stars level, he doesn’t step down.

• Dap

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
That’s their fault. You step up to the stars level, he doesn’t step down.
No it’s not :dead:

They’ve all been booked to be tiers below Roman while he’s been protected at all costs. It doesn’t matter how good a performer is, once they’re booked to feud with Roman we immediately know the outcome will be a fat ass L specifically because the pending Rock/Roman showdown is wrestlings worst kept secret and it’s blatantly obvious that he’s not losing to anyone before that happens

The issue with booking a year in advance like that is that… you still have a full fukkin year to hash out

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It wasn’t a secondary title before. Why would it be one now? You just a big fan of the tribal chief. it Doesn’t make sense to unify all those belts but not end the brand split. Smack down has 7 belts in the men’s division. While Raw only has one which is a midcard belt.
Look I'm a fan of Roman's character but I'm not a blind Stan. When there are two world titles one always takes a back seat. Only one main events a show. It's just the nature of things. For a while when they were separated the WWE Title was getting more billing over the Universal Title and for a while the Universal Title would get top billing over the WWE Title. It's basically been this way since they brought in the World Heavyweight Championship.

Techincally Roman and the Usos can be on both shows since they have the titles from each show. This is why you see them on both shows since they won them. I can see them separating the titles eventually. Why have they not made one singular title if that's no that case. All I can say is time and patience on that.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
No it’s not :dead:

They’ve all been booked to be tiers below Roman while he’s been protected at all costs. It doesn’t matter how good a performer is, once they’re booked to feud with Roman we immediately know the outcome will be a fat ass L specifically because the pending Rock/Roman showdown is wrestlings worst kept secret and it’s blatantly obvious that he’s not losing to anyone before that happens

The issue with booking a year in advance like that is that… you still have a full fukkin year to hash out

Naw not true. Cody was getting huge reactions. Fans low key are bubbling for Sami. Orrin got injured but he was getting gold reactions with riddle vs bloodline. No one really knows what’s booked for wrestlemania everyone is just going by the words of Dave meltzers lying ass.

Y’all want to devalue Roman cause midcarders are midcarders. They all get mic time and ring time. Step up and get dumb over.

• Dap