Batman (1989) Soundtrack Appreciation

mr x

Superstar
Daps
He started to open it up trough tidal and Apple Music but I can see his estate being a lot more willing to let that go in order to keep building his legacy

I seen someone tweet to tidal "you guys should make his stuff free for a while so ppl can listen."

Bruh, that goes against the whole reason he fukked with tidal to begin with.:mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's not a party, the joker is exploiting the greed of the people to draw them in for a mass murder.

and they're falling for it.

Yes and Joker style he does in the guise of a party giving away money making it seem like a good time even though he has a sinister intentions

tat's why the character is called the joker, it's not that hard to figure out man, you are going nowhere with this

Balloons, dancing, and you say it's not a party, okay lmao

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
One track I love that didnt make the cut was "Dance with the Devil" it was dark and scary but it somehow had this funky vibe to it like gangsta rap, I wonder if Michael started any tracks he had in mind for the soundtrack, his cover of "Come Together" would have fit perfectly, I remember i made a tribute vid with that track and it fit perfectly

latest

but yeah i understand it was princes project from the get go not michael jacksons and burton was pissed about the idea but to me its just like why not?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

Elfman and Prince clashed nicely on this soundtrack

It was said In the workprint versions of batman burton used 1999 and baby ima star for the 2 key joker scenes, he asked permission to use the songs, instead prince jumped on board and provided an entire album instead

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Bolland-Silhouettes.gif

suit3nmhglcxlpoo8qp7.jpg

Prince was def. a fan of the comics since he had his own limited comic series afterword and he commisioned a cover from batman artist for the killing joke Brian Bolland

dea42c951cc98042f72dd8674c7266d5.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah cats don't get it. An entire generation that thinks music and movies should be free

And the funny thing about that Marty is nobody in there right mind would go to work for hours and not want a check yet they want everything entertainment wise for free. It's backwards. Prince fought tooth and nail to get rights he would not want his music given out for free unless he agreed to that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And the funny thing about that Marty is nobody in there right mind would go to work for hours and not want a check yet they want everything entertainment wise for free. It's backwards. Prince fought tooth and nail to get rights he would not want his music given out for free unless he agreed to that.

I used that same argument when I was talking to my boy about it. If you went to your job for and they decided not to pay you for it would you be cool? Hell no.