Batman (1989) Soundtrack Appreciation

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I mean the links will go dead. He was very very copyright conscious about his shyt and I applaud him for it

I have mixed feelings about that though. I made a thread in the Locker Room about how while it's great that he was so protective of his music it prevented the younger generation who grew up watching YouTube from really being exposed to his music and knowing how much of a genius he was. Too many people think Prince is the weirdo who beat Charlie Murphy in basketball and don't even know his catalog because it's damn near impossible to hear his music on YouTube.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have mixed feelings about that though. I made a thread in the Locker Room about how while it's great that he was so protective of his music it prevented the younger generation who grew up watching YouTube from really being exposed to his music and knowing how much of a genius he was. Too many people think Prince is the weirdo who beat Charlie Murphy in basketball and don't even know his catalog because it's damn near impossible to hear his music on YouTube.

He started to open it up trough tidal and Apple Music but I can see his estate being a lot more willing to let that go in order to keep building his legacy

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wasn't Michael originally supposed to do the soundtrack, but something came up, so WB got Prince (who was on their label)?

They were going to do it together with prince playing instruments and Mike doing he vocals but it didn't workout. Just like the bad album was supposed to be a Michael and prince album