Bard gets its biggest upgrade yet with Gemini {Google A.I / LLM}

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/5
Chatbot Arena update⚡!

The latest Gemini (Pro/Flash/Flash-9b) results are now live, with over 20K community votes!

Highlights:
- New Gemini-1.5-Flash (0827) makes a huge leap, climbing from #23 to #6 overall!
- New Gemini-1.5-Pro (0827) shows strong gains in coding, math over previous versions.
- The new, smaller Gemini-1.5 Flash-8b outperforms gemma-2-9b, matching llama-3-70b levels.

Big Congrats @GoogleDeepMind Gemini team on the incredible launch!

More plots in the followup posts👇

**Note: to better reflect community interests, older models nearing deprecation will soon be removed from the default leaderboard view.

2/5
Overall Leaderboard with /search?q=#votes and CIs:

3/5
Coding Arena: new Gemini-1.5-Pro improves significantly over previous versions.

4/5
The new, smaller Gemini-1.5 Flash-8b outperforms gemma-2-9b, matching llama-3-70b levels.

5/5
Win-rate heatmap:

Check out full leaderboard at http://lmarena.ai/?leaderboard!

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GWAj6UMaoAAsSHN.jpg

GWAi50laoAAsNnt.jpg

GWAmKXKaoAAiLaF.jpg

GWAm-tsWoAAZ2a0.jpg

GWApDNAasAAowQY.jpg

1/4
Open-source is the future.

I just tested it. It's really good and an improved version for generating code.

2/4
have you tried it?

3/4
not in coding right now but not that behind.

4/4
ohh no, typo mistake :(

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/2
Over the coming days, start creating and chatting with Gems: customizable versions of Gemini that act as topic experts. 🤝

We’re also launching premade Gems for different scenarios - including Learning coach to break down complex topics and Coding partner to level up your skills → New in Gemini: Custom Gems and improved image generation with Imagen 3

2/2
Your Gem can remember a detailed set of instructions to help you save time on tasks and accomplish your goals with less effort.

Try it now on Gemini Advanced or Gemini for Google Workspace → New in Gemini: Custom Gems and improved image generation with Imagen 3

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/4
Google just released the Imagen 3 paper!

[2408.07009] Imagen 3

2/4
The results showed that Imagen 3 outperforms other state-of-the-art models in overall preference, prompt-image alignment, and numerical reasoning tasks. Imagen 3 also performed well on detailed prompt-image alignment, particularly on longer and more complex prompts. However, on visual appeal, Midjourney v6 was found to be the leading model.

full paper: Imagen 3

3/4
Innovation and technology are transforming the world at an incredible speed! Whether it's AI that shows us surprising versions of ourselves or tools that simplify our lives, we're living through a revolution.

4/4
most is about evaluation 🤣

GU6G9djaMAAXtwK.png

GU6eY_QbAAA__zn.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/4
Google presents ShieldGemma: Generative AI Content Moderation Based on Gemma

- Opensources Gemma2-based content moderation models
- Outperform Llama Guard (+10.8% AU-PRC on public benchmarks) and WildCard (+4.3%)

abs: [2407.21772] ShieldGemma: Generative AI Content Moderation Based on Gemma
alphaxiv: ShieldGemma: Generative AI Content Moderation Based on Gemma | alphaXiv

2/4
AI Summary: ShieldGemma is a suite of LLM-based content moderation models developed by Google LLC, designed to predict safety risks associated with various harm types such as hate speech and harassment in bo...
ShieldGemma: Generative AI Content Moderation Based on Gemma

3/4
if you don't like the impact of woke AI, you have to release your own moderators @elonmusk

4/4
Even some human moderators do more harm than good and they're open sourcing the one based on the weaker freemium model?

GT3HmEkWUAAsl4q.png

GT-ds8KXcAAdG9i.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/28
@CodeByPoonam
Google just dropped a bombshell

NotebookLM can now turn your notes into a Podcast in minutes.

I'll show you how in just 3 easy steps:

2/28
@CodeByPoonam
Google introduces a new Audio Overview feature that can turn documents, slides, charts, and more into engaging discussions with one click.

To try it out, follow these steps:

1/ Go to NotebookLM: Sign in - Google Accounts
- Create a new notebook.

3/28
@CodeByPoonam
2/ Add at least one source.
3/ In your Notebook guide, click on the “Generate” button to create an Audio Overview.

4/28
@CodeByPoonam
I uploaded my newsletter edition: AI Toast.

With one click, two AI hosts start up a lively “deep dive” discussion based on your sources.

Listen here 🔊

5/28
@CodeByPoonam
Read more here:
OpenAI released next big thing in AI

6/28
@CodeByPoonam
Thanks for reading.

Get latest AI updates and Tutorials in your inbox for FREE.

Join my AI Toast Community of 22000 readers:
AI Toast

7/28
@CodeByPoonam
Don't forget to bookmark for later.

If you enjoyed reading this post, please support it with like/repost of the post below 👇

[Quoted tweet]
Google just dropped a bombshell

NotebookLM can now turn your notes into a Podcast in minutes.

I'll show you how in just 3 easy steps:

8/28
@hasantoxr
Perfect guide 🙌🙌

9/28
@CodeByPoonam
Thanks for checking

10/28
@iamfakhrealam
It's surprising

11/28
@codedailyML
Amazing Share

12/28
@codeMdSanto
That's a game-changer! Technology never fails to amaze. Can't wait to see how it works!

13/28
@shawnchauhan1
That's awesome! Turning notes into a podcast that fast seems like a total productivity hack.

14/28
@AndrewBolis
Creating podcasts is easier than ever

15/28
@EyeingAI
Impressive guide, thanks for sharing.

16/28
@Klotzkette
It’s OK, but you can’t really give it any direction, so it’s useless

17/28
@vidhiparmxr
Helpful guide, Poonam!

18/28
@arnill_dev
That's like magic! Can't wait to see how it works. Exciting stuff!

19/28
@alifcoder
That's amazing! Turning notes into a podcast sounds so convenient.

Can't wait to see how it works.

20/28
@leo_grundstrom
Really cool stuff, thanks for sharing Poonam!

21/28
@LearnWithBishal
Wow this looks amazing

22/28
@shushant_l
This has made podcast creation super easy

23/28
@Parul_Gautam7
Excellent breakdown

Thanks for sharing Poonam

24/28
@jxffb
Just did one! So awesome!

25/28
@iam_kgkunal
That's amazing...Turning notes into a podcast so quickly sounds like a game-changer for productivity

26/28
@chriskclark
Here’s how we implemented this AI app in real life (yesterday).

[Quoted tweet]
was playing with NotebookLLM today as well. Here’s how I implemented the audio podcast mode (what I’m calling it) on an article today. You can listen to the AI generated conversation here —> agingtoday.com/health/fall-p…

27/28
@DreamWithO
I'd love to see this in action, how's the audio quality compared to traditional podcasting software?

28/28
@ThePushkaraj
The AI space is getting crazier day by day!

GXgfJhCboAATsJ0.jpg

GXgfP1XagAA7K40.jpg

GXgfJhCboAATsJ0.jpg

GXcAZM5bwAIMSsH.jpg

1/13
@minchoi
Google dropped NotebookLM recently.

AI tool that can generate podcasts of two speakers talking about the contents from various sources like research papers, articles, and more.

Absolutely bonkers.

100% AI 🤯

10 examples (and how to try):

1. AI Podcast about OpenAI o1 drop

2/13
@minchoi
2. AI Podcast from Newsletter

[Quoted tweet]
Very impressed with this new NotebookLM feature by Google Labs that turns notes/docs into podcasts

I uploaded this morning's newsletter, and it turned into a two-way podcast between two AI agent hosts

Give it a listen, pretty darn good (sound on 🔈)

3/13
@minchoi
3. AI Podcast from 90 min lecture

[Quoted tweet]
Googles NotebookLM's new podcast feature is wild

This is made from a 90min lecture I held on Monday

It condensed it into a 16 minute talkshow

Some hallucinations here and there, but overall this is a new paradigm for learning.

Link to try it below, no waitlist

4/13
@minchoi
4. AI Podcast from book "The Infernal Machine"

[Quoted tweet]
Rolling out audio overviews at NotebookLM today. So excited for this one.

Take any collection of sources and automatically generate a "deep dive" audio conversation.

I created one based on the text of my book The Infernal Machine. Have a listen. 🧵below

notebooklm.google.com

5/13
@minchoi
5. AI Podcast from Research Paper

[Quoted tweet]
So, Google just dropped #NotebookLM, an AI that creates podcast segments on research papers nearly instantly.

Here's the thing though, it doesn't check to see if anything you feed it is true, sooooo I plugged in my found footage creepypasta.

The results are amazing.😄

@labsdotgoogle

6/13
@minchoi
6. AI Podcast from Overview of NotebookLM

[Quoted tweet]
Just had my 3rd wow moment in AI... this time through AI Overview by NotebookLM 🤯

7/13
@minchoi
7. AI Podcast from paper "On the Category of Religion"

[Quoted tweet]
🤯 My mind is genuinely blown by Google's NotebookLM new Audio Overview feature. It creates a podcast for a document.

Here's a podcast for our paper "On the Category of Religion" that @willismonroe created.

I genuinely would not have known it was AI...

8/13
@minchoi
8. AI Podcast from System Card for OpenAI o1

[Quoted tweet]
Do you want to see something impressive?
This podcast isn’t real.
It’s AI-generated after I gave Google’s NotebookLM the system card for OpenAI’s new o1 model, and it produced a 10-minute podcast discussion that feels incredibly real, better, more informative, and more entertaining than most actual tech podcasts.

9/13
@minchoi
9. AI Podcast from News reports on "Black Myth: Wukong"

[Quoted tweet]
用 NotebookLM 快速生成「黑神話:悟空」英文新聞報導

如同之前大家所知道的, NotebookLM 是一個 Google 推出的 AI 筆記服務,他可以免費整合各種文件檔、連結以及純文字,幫你生成出摘要、目錄、問答等內容。

今天他推出音訊總覽,也就是他會藉由筆記的內容產出對話性節目,時間長度視你的內容多寡,產出時間大概是 10 分鐘以內,目前只提供英文。

我拿現成有的黑神話悟空來做以下的內容:

10/13
@minchoi
10. AI Podcast from College thesis

[Quoted tweet]
This AI service is so impressive! Google's NotebookLM is now capable of generating an audio overview based on documents uploaded and links to online resources.

I uploaded my bachelors thesis, my resume, and a link to my online course website and it created this really cool podcast like format.

It didn't get everything right but its so funny because NotebookLM actually drew great conclusions that I didn’t think about while writing this thesis myself.

Which AI tool could create a video for this audio file?

@labsdotgoogle #RenewableEnergy #offgridpower #batterystorage #SolarEnergy #AI

11/13
@minchoi
Try it out yourself, head over to 👇
Sign in - Google Accounts

12/13
@minchoi
If you enjoyed this thread,

Follow me @minchoi and please Bookmark, Like, Comment & Repost the first Post below to share with your friends:

[Quoted tweet]
Google dropped NotebookLM recently.

AI tool that can generate podcasts of two speakers talking about the contents from various sources like research papers, articles, and more.

Absolutely bonkers.

100% AI 🤯

10 examples (and how to try):

1. AI Podcast about OpenAI o1 drop

13/13
@minchoi
If you want to keep up with the latest AI developments and tools, subscribe to The Rundown it's FREE.

And you'll never miss a thing in AI again:
The Rundown AI

GXYVX3BWgAAy4rG.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/18
@iam_chonchol
Google just dropped NotebookLM.

It generates podcasts with two speakers discussing content from research papers, articles, and more.

Here are 12 mind-blowing examples: 🤯

2/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
Googles NotebookLM's new podcast feature is wild

This is made from a 90min lecture I held on Monday

It condensed it into a 16 minute talkshow

Some hallucinations here and there, but overall this is a new paradigm for learning.

Link to try it below, no waitlist

3/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
tried out the new NotebookLM from @labsdotgoogle to create a podcast based on a reddit thread on @kentcdodds ‘ course. pretty impressive results

4/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
So cool. Turned a blogpost about "Ducking" (a technique used in audio engineering) into a conversation with Google NotebookLM and used Tuneform te generate a video of it.

Here's the original blog: noiseengineering.us/blogs/lo…

5/18
@iam_chonchol
Learn the latest AI developments in 3 minutes a day, Subscribe to The 8020AI it's FREE.

Get 1k mega prompts & 30+ AI guides today for FREE: 80/20 AI

6/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
Just had my 3rd wow moment in AI... this time through AI Overview by NotebookLM 🤯

7/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
This AI service is so impressive! Google's NotebookLM is now capable of generating an audio overview based on documents uploaded and links to online resources.

I uploaded my bachelors thesis, my resume, and a link to my online course website and it created this really cool podcast like format.

It didn't get everything right but its so funny because NotebookLM actually drew great conclusions that I didn’t think about while writing this thesis myself.

Which AI tool could create a video for this audio file?

@labsdotgoogle #RenewableEnergy #offgridpower #batterystorage #SolarEnergy #AI

8/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
Estuve probando NotebookLM de @Google y quedé sorprendida.

Convertí uno de mis artículos de Substack en un podcast, y hasta tiene conversaciones entre IA sobre el tema.

Ahora puedo escuchar mi contenido en lugar de leerlo, y me encanta. Súper fluido:

9/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
A podcast by Google Notebook LM from YouTube videos uploaded on YouTube from Sept 9-13th. #ai #highered #notebooklm #google

How was this produced?

1. Searched YouTube for “Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education”
2. Used filters to limit videos to uploaded this week that are 20 mins or longer.
3. For each video, shared with “Summarify” an iPhone app that summarizes YouTube videos given URL. Download the summary as pdf on iPhone.
4. Upload PDFs (20 files) to Notebook LM
5. Generate Podcast audio in Notebook LM. Then download .wav file.
6. Generate image using ideogram.ai (prompt is “YouTube videos of artificial intelligence in higher education”. Download image.
6. Upload .wav file to iPhone app (Headliner) to convert .wav to waveform. Use the image in number 6 as the background for the waveform.

And you have below.

10/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
Gave Google NotebookLM the transcript for my Fluxgym video and it created this podcast type discussion of it. Video is audio only. This is wild. 😂

11/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
Do you know what’s even more interesting than OpenAI’s o1 🍓?

A podcast generated directly from the information provided by @openai by NotebookLLM from @GoogleAI.

So cool! @OfficialLoganK

12/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
It's never been easier to create a faceless channel.

You could use Google's new NotebookLM to create engaging, short form content channel with such minimal effort

Here is an example where I fed it ONE URL - /r/StableDiffusion

13/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
🪄Want to see some AI magic? You can now “record” an engaging, studio quality, 12 min podcast on any topic in under 5 min. Yup, you read that correctly.

Here’s how 👇

1) I used NotebookLM by Google to synthesize a few content sources on scaling a product post MVP.
2) NotebookLM now offers a “Generate Audio” option, which creates an incredibly engaging script and audio that sounds indistinguishable from actual podcast hosts.
3) Upload to Spotify
4) Profit?

14/18
@iam_chonchol

[Quoted tweet]
Longtime followers may remember that a couple months ago, I was trying to auto-generate a podcast every day based on HN articles.

I got OK results, but you could still tell it was fake. I gave up.

ANYWAY here's what you can do with Google's new NotebookLM. It's so good!

15/18
@iam_chonchol
I hope you've found this thread helpful.

Follow me @iam_chonchol for more.

Like/Repost the quote below if you can:

[Quoted tweet]
Google just dropped NotebookLM.

It generates podcasts with two speakers discussing content from research papers, articles, and more.

Here are 12 mind-blowing examples: 🤯

16/18
@ashok_hey
Speakers having fun with articles? Can't wait to hear the one about my grocery list!

17/18
@HeyToha
This is really wild 🤯

18/18
@pattcola
sounds interesting, I'd love to give it a try too.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

NotebookLM now lets you listen to a conversation about your sources​

Sep 11, 2024

2 min read

Our new Audio Overview feature can turn documents, slides, charts and more into engaging discussions with one click.

Biao Wang

Biao Wang

Product Manager, Google Labs
Read AI-generated summary

An audio player in the foreground, over a background of various tiled images of sources like Google Slides and PDFs

We built NotebookLM to help you make sense of complex information. When you upload your sources, it instantly becomes an expert, grounding its responses in your material with citations and relevant quotes. And since it’s your notebook, your personal data is never used to train NotebookLM.

Over the summer, NotebookLM expanded globally and used Gemini 1.5’s multimodal capabilities to power new features, such as Google Slides and web URL support, better ways to fact-check, and the ability to instantly create study guides, briefing docs, and more.

Today, we're introducing Audio Overview, a new way to turn your documents into engaging audio discussions. With one click, two AI hosts start up a lively “deep dive” discussion based on your sources. They summarize your material, make connections between topics, and banter back and forth. You can even download the conversation and take it on the go.

It’s important to remember that these generated discussions are not a comprehensive or objective view of a topic, but simply a reflection of the sources that you’ve uploaded.

To try it out, follow these steps:

1. Go to NotebookLM.
  2. Create a new notebook.
  3. Add at least one source.
  4. In your Notebook guide, click on the “Generate” button to create an Audio Overview.

Screen capture of NotebookLM having generated a notebook guide with an audio summary of sources about science.

Tired of reading? NotebookLM can now generate audio summaries of your sources.

Here’s our own Audio Overview1 that we generated when we used the latest Keyword blog post about NotebookLM as the source material.

NotebookLM Audio Overview

A discussion of the blog post "NotebookLM goes global with Slides support and better ways to fact-check."

8:258:25

Audio Overview is still experimental and has some known limitations. For example, for large notebooks, it can take several minutes to generate an Audio Overview. Also, when the AI hosts are explaining your sources today, they only speak English, sometimes introduce inaccuracies, and you can’t interrupt them yet.

We’re excited to bring audio into NotebookLM since we know some people learn and remember better by listening to conversations. Be sure to share your feedback so we can make Audio Overviews an even better way for understanding the information that matters most to you.

POSTED IN:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
NotebookLM is mad impressive been messing with it a lil bit I'm throwing random books in there and messing with that Audio Overview is really fun messing with:ehh:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
No-Brainer to use Gemini Flash for vision: Fast, Inexpensive and Accurate!

1/11
@deedydas
Gemini 1.5 Flash is the model people are sleeping on.

It took ~5s to recognize all the books on my shelf. GPT 4-o took ~25s!

And $1 gets you 13M tokens on Flash vs 200k tokens on 4-o.

2/11
@deedydas
Here's ChatGPT's ~25s in comparison

3/11
@myotherme100
The GCP onboarding is hostile and Gemini is lobotomized.

Speed doesn't make up for it.

4/11
@deedydas
onboarding being bad is an unserious reason to not use a good model

5/11
@KewkD
Why do you believe text being output faster than anyone can read is beneficial or brag worthy, for any model?

6/11
@deedydas
Not all text output for models are meant for human consumption and even when they are, empirically lower latency leads to higher user retention

7/11
@SteDjokovic
Did you check the results?

Gemini says “left and right” shelves, which GPT correctly identifies top-middle-bottom.

The Elon Musk biography is on the right but Gemini categorised it as left.

Also, comparing Flash with GPT-4o instead of mini?

8/11
@OfficialLoganK
1.5 Flash multi-modal performance is truly wild for the price, this is going to power the next wave of AI startups.

9/11
@stevenheidel
give gpt-4o-mini a try! also returns results in a flash and is 30x cheaper than 4o

10/11
@0xshai
5 seconds is nuts! Awesome speed.

P.S: Musashi reader as well. 🫡

11/11
@RawSucces
If you're want to bypass any AI and get the responses you want.

I’ve made a full video guide on how to do it. Simply reply with "AI" , and I'll send it over to you. "must follow so I can DM you"

It is completely free

GW4wobGaYAAbdN0.jpg