Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Had my doubts but after hearing the good reviews and y'all talking bout it, figured I'd check it out. I enjoyed it, was decent. Thursday movie day for me and I needed something to watch. Only other option was the Spider-Man one but figured I'd watch this. Plus oppenheimer only had showings in the evening, a time I hate going, or later at night. So figured I'd watch this and then watching oppenheimer later tonight. Theater was pretty packed for a late afternoon tho with it being summer, that's not surprising. Way more people than other films I've seen recently like MI and Indiana Jones. I think this film will be successful. Pains me to say since I loved the franchise but think it'll do way better than that upcoming ninja turtles garbage. Still debating on watching that or seeing what else they may have that week.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Had my doubts but after hearing the good reviews and y'all talking bout it, figured I'd check it out. I enjoyed it, was decent. Thursday movie day for me and I needed something to watch. Only other option was the Spider-Man one but figured I'd watch this. Plus oppenheimer only had showings in the evening, a time I hate going, or later at night. So figured I'd watch this and then watching oppenheimer later tonight. Theater was pretty packed for a late afternoon tho with it being summer, that's not surprising. Way more people than other films I've seen recently like MI and Indiana Jones. I think this film will be successful. Pains me to say since I loved the franchise but think it'll do way better than that upcoming ninja turtles garbage. Still debating on watching that or seeing what else they may have that week.
Mutant Mayhem? Looks like the crew put a lot of passion into it from what I’ve seen, similarly to this. Barbie will do better but I’m hoping the Turtles can find its success as well. Should help that this film isn’t exactly a bonafide kid-friendly outing, lol.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Watching tonight, but two of my homies who seen it this week with women said that there’s a lot of women empowerment that goes unnoticed by men that women really related to in the film.

One compared it to the feeling that white people must have when they watch black movies like get out or Judas and the black messiah, and putting it that way made so much sense to me lol there’s nuances that will likely be missed by men in here similar to themes that are missed by whites during those types of films

1000%

Plenty of double meanings throughout the movie. The flick is solid though.

When AF made her speech all of the women were clapping.

WF & AF should of been recasted lol

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
some theaters have these out but I don't know which ones. i just keep seeing them on the internet
F1gYpEaXwAI-pNT