StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
20230719-210849.jpg

I'm at the theater

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Ok, I gotta be real. It is not the second coming of Jesus but it's a really good movie. I will not post spoilers.

Starting with things I think could've been improved. America Ferrera and Ariana Greenblatt have pretty big roles and they are just ok, not bad but not good. The movie could easily be 5-7 mins shorter. The movie is shockingly exposition heavy. They could've 100% used the Aqua song for the credits, what a miss that is.

Everything else is good to great. Gosling will likely win his first Oscar and the movie will win so many below-the-line awards. It will win for best song. Its laugh out loud funny for almost all of the runtime.

and now I can die happy.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Unapologetically campy, fun, but also poignant underneath all the glitter with its existential themes. While Margot did her thing, I thought Gosling and Ferrera were the true standouts here. @StraxStrax …I’m buying into the Oscar hype as well. The soundtrack was fine but I think a real score would’ve taken this one to new heights.

Will I ever watch it again? Eh, I’ll probably stick to Lady Bird, but for a flick in the thick of summer I think this one did the trick just fine. I believe Greta has earned the benefit of the doubt though when it comes to handling major IPs like Barbie, and I can’t wait to see what she has in store with Narnia.

Wish I could give it a Ken out of Ken but I think I’ll give it an 8 out of Ken.