Daps
5T_W.jpg

Sword

Rookie
Daps
Lion_Widebeest_age_zpssbxjhfcr.jpg

Lion_Buffalo_age_zps9kq3qtwp.jpg

The Serengeti Lion

So lions dont usually target young buffalo/wildebeest, they always go after the big ones.

While tigers prey on average seem quite small:

page 98
..90% of tiger kills were found in riverine forest/grasslands..Most of the prey killed by tigers weigh 50-100 kg,
...In the absence of competitors a tiger can utilize each carcass, and thus there is no necessity to share
http://www.sil.si.edu/smithsoniancontributions/zoology/pdf_hi/sctz-0336.pdf

. Karanth & Sunquist (1995) found that tiger usually selected prey weighing more than 176 kilograms
..Anamalai Tiger Reserve, southern India, the average size of prey caught by tiger was 92 kilograms
..At Nagarahole chital, sambar and wild pig...Karanth & Sunquist (1995)
Sympatric Tiger, Leopard and Dhole: How two big cats coexist.

Prey abundance and food habit of tigers (Panthera tigris tigris) in Pench National Park, Madhya Pradesh (2001)

..Chital (47.3%) along with sambar (14.5%) and wild pig Sus scrofa (10.9%)..The average weight of animals consumed by tigers in the intensive study area was 82.1 kg.

CiteSeerX — Prey abundance and food habit of tigers (Panthera tigris tigris) in Pench National Park, Madhya Pradesh
panthera tigris tigris: Topics by Science.gov

Sword

Rookie
Daps
2923_7038_82_45_1.jpg

Otherwise, there would be more scraps between them than a few. "As it is, there are plenty. There was one lion we had that killed a polar bear and two Thibet bears, bit a tiger in the back and nearly killed it: and once, while in the runway after a performance, he grabbed a lioness and carried her into the arena. "Nero, as we called that lion, made a mistake that time, though, because the hole lioness turned on him in the arena and thrashed him well, hurting him badly in the fight. "There isu't cne of us in the place that hadn't been bitten and clawed a lot, generally, however, unintentionally. This' may Found strange, but it is true, nevertheless. "You see, the big cats don't know how strong t-hey are, and the curved claws are like steel hooks, curving inward as they i,.; and once they sink in. something ha to come with them. A lion can hurt you just as badly by placing his paw easily on your hand or lez and simply sinking his claws in and contracting them, as though he made a swipe at you and rea.-'K-d you.

And the same is true of all the cats. ! Lions are the easiest to train as a rule, because less nervous than the others. It doesn't at what age you bozin to work them. and. as matter of fact, those direct from the wilds are easier to train than then born in captivity. "Most of them are just as notional as any woman ever thought of being. They take likes and dislikes, and they stick to them f,r good. "'I have a photograph of one of my lions taken with a Philadelphia minister, a Presbyterian. I think he was. who came into the place one day, and after standing in front of the cage for sometime, asked me if he could go into the case. I let him o so. and that lion just made the biggest f-- over him you ever heard of and kicked up an awful Vow when he left the caze. If that m:.n were to come in now and whistle for the lion, the brute would howl like mad uptil the minister went over to his caze and stroked him. "I remember once, in Buffalo, putting- a little b!a-k cur dog in a cage with a lion and tiger that worked together.
Democrat and Chronicle from Rochester, New York · Page 21

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Sword

Rookie
Daps
Nah you the man at making these threads mane.You do your thang.Them big ass blue whales ever go at each other?That'd be crazy see 2 enormous animals like that fighting.

I dont think blue whales can do all that much against each other.