Barbados Receives Largest Military Donation from China

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
China again huh. They bought Africa now this?

:francis:
Im fine with the objections to CHina. What i laugh at is when small countries in Africa and the Caribbean were dealing and getting screwed by American and Canadian companies you guys didnt seem to have a problem with it. But since "Chinese phobia" and "Russian Phobia" is whats hot in the Media the last decade or two all the sudden many of you have issues.

NOTE: When i say "you" i dont mean you specifically, @Merc I'm talking typical Coli "conscious" "militant" types

Thing is you're not concerned about these small countries being lured into these bad deals. You're more concerned about CHINA getting the deals. As if Americans would have done any better. But wait.. we know they wouldnt have since that's what got these countries more open to dealing with China in the first place.

Remember when Obama went to Jamaica this past year. It wasnt for Vacation. The Caribbean Nation Summit was taking place and he knew Chinese companies were bidding for projects. Since they had won so many in the Caribbean and Central America recently and putting many of the AMerican companies out of business in the region POTUS felt the need to renew relations with Caribbean nations they have robbed all these previous decades.

The Chinese have every right to go after deals they can get.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Not seeing the big deal.. it's only $3 mill worth of military equipment.

They shipped over a couple of old tanks instead of recycling them for scrap metal in exchange for natural resources from Barbados. :russell:

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
A nation would be wise to develop Africa and have it as an ally. Cacs have been too proud for this.

China may have thought, "Hmmm, a continent in the middle with abundant resources and manpower :patrice: in 50 years they could be the deal breaker".

Now it's up to African nations to insure they're positioning themselves at the same time and not just being shocktroopers.