Barbados Receives Largest Military Donation from China

Bea__13

Banned
Daps
Reppin
VA
If Barbados becomes dependent on China's aid and influence what do you think will happen?

Loaded and assumptious question , why would Barbados become dependent on China . Hopefully they would be smart and use the donations from China as a way to become better at being self reliant while also keeping an alliance with them

They may not have the resources China likes but they could offer them friendship or certain foods that only grow there.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Loaded and assumptious question , why would Barbados become dependent on China . Hopefully they would be smart and use the donations from China as a way to become better at being self reliant while also keeping an alliance with them

They may not have the resources China likes but they could offer them friendship or certain foods that only grow there.
The aid is therefore of paramount importance, not only as an opportunity to assist our military but to secure our gains over the past 50 years,” she said.

:usure:

and no such thing as friendships breh :mjlol:

its all about nations securing their OWN interests

its possible for 2 nations to secure their own interest and both end up gaining (not zero sum), like Canada and the USA

but thats not happening here :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You're crazy if you think Asians would ever want Unity with Africans. Sure they like our resources in Africa but that's about it......

I get where you're coming from, but blacks have to realize that its not about liking/loving one another but "enemy of my enemy is an Allie." I doubt Iran personally likes Russia, especially considering Russia is an non-Islamic Orthodox Christian nation. But they have to form alliances against a bigger enemy... The USA.

Who's the bigger enemy of Africa? China or the West?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Good point but with the way the world is generally with Black people (lets just be honest) we have to be VERY careful making alliances with outsiders...

What Africa should do is trade with the Chinese or whomever for a limited time (it really needs to be a short-term thing IMO) and then look to trade with OTHER Africans

Indeed we should be careful and not reckless. We need to get outta this "vanguard for other races" but instead make sure these other groups agenda is the same as ours. There is a reason why many black nationalist like Cuba and Fidel Castro even with their many flaws. Its because Cuba agenda was not only the same as ours but they walked the walked by helping Angola with their proxy war against the UNITA who were backed by the West and Apartheid South Africa.

A Cuba like alliance is something we want. NOT an alliance like say... Mexican and Chinese Americans who when we fought for them they turned their backs on us.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Talk to the countries that had millennia trading relationships with China like Somalia and you'll know if their intentions are good or bad.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
this is the new form of imperialism
What's so new about it? Americans , Russians, British and French been doing it for centuries. The minute China does something people have issues

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
This is what I believe it to be also. Remember when the Europeans came they didn't just march into Africa and start offing nikkas straight of the bat. They made alliances with certain tribes did trade (in gold, crops and slaves) and eventually they started to TAKE these things once they got a foothold into the continent. Who's to say the Chinese aren't trying the same? Didn't they recently create a military base in Sudan or Djibouti? Some of the intermarrying I've been hearing about too has me raising eyebrows....what if they're using these Blasian offspring to get into political office to be loyal to the Chinese agenda?

There is no military Chinese military base in "Sudan". I don't know about South Sudan, since they are now officially a different country. At one time, China was "Sudan" trading partner but after south Sudan separated from "Sudan" there is less Chinese investment, and now the Gulf Arabs have become one of "Sudan" main investors. As far as people mixing marriage, that is hardly the case in "Sudan" or other north Africa muslim/islamic countries. Which is due to many factors that will not allow it, for the majority of people.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I have a strange feeling about all this support coming from China with black countries notice you never see them going into Arab countries or even North African countries for development and trade only Black countries why is this? Do they see us as a target or something? :francis:

I would think that China knows damn well that most Arabs countries are deeply linked to the US and Europe, whether it be as business partners or future targets. Also Russia all up in the mix, Turkey, Iran...actually a smart move NOT to get involved in all that clusterfukk, kind of like Japan (or India to my knowledge). They can enough issues to deal with in Asia as it is. Only thing China needs from those countries is oil, which they are selling regardless.

Africa is an easier place to get involved in imo, and also China has a huge interest in land and agricultural goods, neither of which one really can find in Arab countries. And also, African countries are more divided and have less leverage, so it makes all the sense in the world to invest there. This only concerns african countries though, can't speak over other black countries. For Barbados I guess it's mostly a matter of setting foot in the Americas, something symobolic (3 mil is peanuts).

• Dap
Reactions: Dip