Baltimore woman now jobless and homeless after mobs burned CVS where she worked

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just saw this on NYDN, and was talking with co-worker about the same exact thing. What would you do if rioters torched your house and job leaving you in the situation this woman is in? I would be pretty pissed and damn near ready to murder someone especially seeing my home get burnt to the ground. Pretty sad situation all around.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/baltimore-woman-homeless-jobless-due-rioters-article-1.2202301

Baltimore woman now jobless and homeless after rioting mobs burned CVS where she worked, then torched her home — even after she begged them not to

In one night of mayhem Katrice Gardner lost her home, her job — and nearly her life.

And when dawn broke Tuesday, the 30-year-old Baltimore woman said she couldn’t understand why the mob that battled the police all night firebombed her house and reduced the CVS where she worked as a manager to ashes.

“I was yelling at them, pleading at them not to burn my house," Gardner, 30, said outside her boarded-up rowhouse. “They had set the houses around me on fire. They were throwing stuff into the house. They were throwing Molotov's and very flammable stuff. All I could do was beg them not to burn my house."

Gardner said she — like most African-Americans in Baltimore — is deeply upset about the death of Freddie Gray, allegedly at the hands of police.

But Gardner said she didn’t recognize the people who starting lobbing bricks at cops and looting businesses after Gray’s funeral on Monday.

“These guys aren't from here, they go from place to place causing trouble,” she said. “This doesn't accomplish anything. This is our neighborhood."

Gardner, who is married, said she now has no place to live and no place to work.

"I can't live in my house while it gets renovated and the place where I work got burned down,” she said. “I don't have a home and a place to work. This is a lot of calamity."

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:yeshrug: they were only paying her 8 bucks an hour,, the cause is bigger....small sacrifice

:scust: ...... :camby:...... they burned down her house, did you miss that part

A senior living center was burned dow too....whether they knew what they were striking is one thing......................but that's not cool either......

What you keep hearing though, like this lady is that she doesn't recognize the people.....now Baltimore is a nice size city and county and all .....but this keeps getting repeated, "these people are outsiders"........makes you wonder a little bit, since what statement you making from burning a residential house?????

Only people not from the city would be that ornery imho......at least I want to believe locals wouldn't burn down peoples homes :beli:

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Good.

Now she can open up her own hood Pharmacy instead of relying on another cac franchise to employ her by encroaching in her territory..she has experience in the industry and only needs to apply herself.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Good.

Now she can open up her own hood Pharmacy instead of relying on another cac franchise to employ her by encroaching in her territory..she has experience in the industry and only needs to apply herself.
What the fukk... Open up her hood pharmacy? She was just a manager, not a pharmacist who typically opens their own practice, a pharmacy.

That's hella fukked up they burned down her home. :snoop:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:troll: CVS wasnt black owned she shouldnt have worked there

:troll: she was the manager so she must have been a c00n

:troll: why doesnt she open up her own pharamacy

:troll: she can go work somewhere else

:troll: nobody owns homes in that community

:troll: but the haitian revolution

theskeep

Pro
Daps
White people ain't gotta do shyt to black community, black community does it to themselves.