Ballet Teacher Is Going Viral After Voicing Her Frustrations With Kids And Parents. "Kids Want To Dance To PoundTown."

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
keep thinking that loosening your standards is helping your kids.

Meanwhile, lil Ming Wei is getting beethoven drilled into them at 8 and is on the track to Stanford and a cushy 160k job at graduation.

This late stage capitalism game is only going to benefit those who have resources and foresight, and very few who were lucky. Don’t let your kids be in a position to be lucky to make it. Have a plan for them and realize that, on some level, you are going to have to hold your children to an unfair standard that is in someway derived from white supremacy in order to position them for success.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You asked her lol
I mean... I don't have to ask her. I'm with her all the time, I take her to the bus stop, pick her up from school, take her to gymnastics, take her to tennis practice, my wife and I don't listen to any of that shyt with our kids. To be honest, my wife didn't even know who Sexxy Redd was until like a month ago, when I pulled up some of her songs for her on Youtube one night after she saw a clip of her on Funny Marco's show.

My daughter isn't into hiphop or pop music at all right now. Only songs she's requesting are Disney songs. And that's because I don't be blasting explicit music around her at home or in the car. It's very intentional.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
keep thinking that loosening your standards is helping your kids.

Meanwhile, lil Ming Wei is getting beethoven drilled into them at 8 and is on the track to Stanford and a cushy 160k job at graduation.

This late stage capitalism game is only going to benefit those who have resources and foresight, and very few who were lucky. Don’t let your kids be in a position to be lucky to make it. Have a plan for them and realize that, on some level, you are going to have to hold your children to an unfair standard that is in someway derived from white supremacy in order to position them for success.
Not to mention how many jazz students are not even black at the conservatories or getting into college programs

We think our own music is elevator music when we could’ve been using it as a stepping stone. All the fighting done to get it recognized and we don’t even use our own power. Imagine the average Black Ivy Leaguer that can spit out a bebop riff. The most powerful, versatile form of music and we don’t even want it anymore :wow:

Let the kids have fun and remember Poundtown while literacy is low :wow:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Not to mention how many jazz students are not even black at the conservatories or getting into college programs

We think our own music is elevator music when we could’ve been using it as a stepping stone. All the fighting done to get it recognized and we don’t even use our own power. Imagine the average Black Ivy Leaguer that can spit out a bebop riff. The most powerful, versatile form of music and we don’t even want it anymore :wow:

Let the kids have fun and remember Poundtown while literacy is low :wow:
nothing would warm my heart more than seeing a young brother from Arkansas go up to a high falutin recital in New York and play a rendition of Move by Miles Davis and blow an Asian who is playing the 8000900989421th rendition of Mozart’s fifth Symphony out the water :wow:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
If you're getting media coverage in New York, LA, Miami and Atlanta, that sets the stage for you getting a foothold everywhere else though.

The point I'm getting at is that radio (like, say...MTV in the early years) is somewhat of a curator for the kind of music the country gets to hear.
So they have tremendous power to shape the narrative of what's popular...and therefore what gets idolized or admired.
Yeah, to this day, artists still aspire to be on the radio. Even moreso than streams thats a sign that you "made it"
I wouldn't be surprised if these huge station broke apart and started playing less popular music of a higher quality just to build an audience. Portland for example has a few local stations that take this approach, lots of hipsters who choose to listen to radio.
They already do this within apps basically with playlists. But instead of radio hosts, it's ads.

The radio format isn't going away but more sophisticated listeners are always going to move away from it, but it's always been that way.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just watched her whole rant video.

I agree with her. Young kids (pre-K and early elementary) are handed cellphones and tablets before they can even talk, plus they see their parents/adults consumed by the same tech all the time, so it creates a lot of the issues she was speaking about. Kids not having any attention span, kids can't focus, kids can't take directions, kids aren't communicating like they should be at 5 and 6 etc. Really, she was spot on with her analysis. And a lot of it does start at home. Parents have to be active with their kids, have conversation with them, build up their vocabulary... don't let them learn all that from these screens.

It's not easy, and I even recognize that we all can be better at putting the tech down and engaging with your family on a real level. But if you're not acknowledging this at all and don't even think it's necessary to monitor usage for kids then that's a problem. I remember when I was in elementary, the big thing for my generation was video games (Genesis, Super Nintendo and then Playstation later on). My mom noticed how much time I was spending on that stuff, and basically put a rule in place that there were no video games during the week... only on the weekends. It helped that my parents had me in sports and other after school programs as well.

But something as little as that stuck with me for the rest of my life. It instilled the concept of prioritizing things at an early age. To this day, I can't really indulge in leisure activities when I know I have more important things that need to be done or taken care of.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ballet is corny
Stop it.

Ballet is serious sir:ufdup:

You’re maybe unfamiliar

I was actually later next month plan on going to the Nutcracker Ballet with @Ashley Banks her man, @Coco Loco her man, and @RehReh

But now, I’ll give you my ticket because you need to see a show for yourself to comprehend the beauty and the art.