Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, PS5, Xbox Series) [no open spoilers]

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Is there a solid amount of voice acting or a shyt ton of reading to do?
Uhh........kinda hard to say, it's like both. All NPC's you talk to (which seems to be every NPC) are voiced, along with the convos your companions may have (them responding to you or others). But you as the MC, you dont have a voice in the convos, just text options. Which is weird since you choose a voice in the character creator. I guess it's for those lines when you out walking around.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’m so bad at combat. :dead:

I kinda hate this turn based shyt. I’m in act 2 and it’s kicking my ass, even on explorer mode. :snoop:

I may need to respec everybody. I don’t know what I’m doing :francis:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Ayo......WTF, shyt got me speechless

bamboozled-hoodwinked.gif

This raggedy bytch was a Mindflayer the whole fukking time. My guardian was woman. i got fukking catfished brehs.
The whole time Im going thru the astral prism, Im like "damn, the mindflayers and gith having a full war in this bytch. I wonder how the gith got in here :jbhmm:. Doesnt matter, i gotta go save guardian bae, I might get a chance to sleep with her after this :whoo: "

I walk up on the emperor mindflayer getting his ass whooped by the gith monks and I'm like "damn he getting them hands put on him, I wonder where bae at :jbhmm: "

Then the Emperor reveals he really was my guardian.

Mind fukking blown
This why you said I needed to eat the worms.......

Then I said "Convince me it was really you as my guardian"
He lists off some of my deeds, and then ends the list with 'Remember when you came to the plain and you comforted me?" :dame: :mjlol:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Based on all these reviews I highly doubt Statfield is going to beat this based on hype and reviews. This is a generational defining game, also Starfield is the same then it’s a wrap on which is the greater success.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Crazy that this was almost a stadia exclusive

On one hand it’s laughable because we all know the fate of stadia, however getting more games like this in their catalog they could’ve actually done something in the industry

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Crazy that this was almost a stadia exclusive

On one hand it’s laughable because we all know the fate of stadia, however getting more games like this in their catalog they could’ve actually done something in the industry
I don't think it was ever gonna be a Stadia exclusive. it just had it's reveal at a Stadia event, and was gonna use some Stadia exclusive streaming features

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Side characters? Someone dead, they dead. Companions die, they can be resurrected at a cost or just left dead.

The story will continue on.
I meant companions. Your party members

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I’m so bad at combat. :dead:

I kinda hate this turn based shyt. I’m in act 2 and it’s kicking my ass, even on explorer mode. :snoop:

I may need to respec everybody. I don’t know what I’m doing :francis:
What helped me was taking a step back to read all my tooltips and beginning to understand what each character is capable of.

Spell slots only replenish after a Long Rest, so I need to save big spells for bigger fights. Cantrips are free,

Then understand that I need to take control of the battlefield ASAP when a fight starts.

I enjoy my Paladin, but I have to keep in mind that he is best at single target damage, he won't just wade in and AOE an entire team.

Having a spellcaster makes things far easier. You can have them cast Darkness, Fog, Cloud of Daggers, etc, to close off a part of the field so you can funnel enemies into killboxes.

Using T on enemies gives you a full breakdown of strengths and weaknesses of enemies. Example being in Act 2, you will spend a good amount of time in the Shadowlands. So Radiant damage will be your saving grace.

Keep in mind that enemies still play by the same rules you do. A good idea is to hide two people first, so that they can circle around and clip mages/archers before they can really do damage.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I meant companions. Your party members
You can rez them with scrolls or pay a character in your camp to rez them for a fee if they die during battle or you cannot find their body.

If you kill them in a cutscene as part of a choice, they are dead dead.