Bakari Sellers Interview With The Breakfast Club --One of the youngest elected black officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Can't really blame the dude for not putting himself out there like that, but I had to hit him with the :comeon: when he told the story of his elementary school roof collapsing and saying it doesn't matter and saying it's not a race issue.

According to wiki, your city is 86% black. I'm not gonna say we don't believe you, but you definitely need more people breh.

That reinforces his point.

If the city is 86% black, then surely not ALL the schools have that problem.

Not EVERYTHING is about race man.

Plus, race policies aren't there staring you in the face as much anymore. You can't blame that entirely on that these days.

Money is the focus and should remain as such.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
8:38. He mentions his salary as a house member: 10.4k/yr

NIKKA FUKK DAT SHHHH...
trust fam, special interest guap and other monies find their way to politicians....pretty sure he's not out here in these streets starving by any means

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
After all the bullshyt, it's refreshing to at least hear something like this once in a while. It should have been longer though, because some of these ignorant bum ass entertainers spew their nonsense for nearly an hour on TBC.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
That reinforces his point.

If the city is 86% black, then surely not ALL the schools have that problem.

Not EVERYTHING is about race man.

Plus, race policies aren't there staring you in the face as much anymore. You can't blame that entirely on that these days.

Money is the focus and should remain as such.

Of course money is the focus, but you have to ask yourself why schools in black neighborhoods are so poorly funded.

• Public schools typically receive funding based on property taxes.
  • The majority of US homeowners receive a mortgage through federally subsidized programs like FHA Loans
  • For the decades the US government discriminated against black folks by either 1) proposing underwriting standards to not allow blacks to get loans or 2) steering mortgage lenders away from black neighborhoods (redlining)
  • The US government also setup economic policies to ensure that blacks could not compete equally with whites (Jim Crow segregation).
  • In the south where agriculture was such a big part of how blacks provided for themselves, the federal government via FDA discriminated against black farmers so they couldn't receive loans/grants and gave those same loans/grants to white farmers.
So you have an educational system setup where school funding is based on property taxes. You make it damn impossible for blacks to get mortgages on those properties. And then you take away their ability to compete economically with whites.

But somehow we're supposed to ignore all of that and say it's not a race issue :comeon:

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Money and race have a correlational coefficient that approaches 1 and is beyond statistically significant. You don't even believe what you type.

I just broke it down him in my post breh. Saying it's about money, not race assumes that race and money don't go hand in hand.

He should know better, shame on him :sitdown:

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course money is the focus, but you have to ask yourself why schools in black neighborhoods are so poorly funded.

• Public schools typically receive funding based on property taxes.
  • The majority of US homeowners receive a mortgage through federally subsidized programs like FHA Loans
  • For the decades the US government discriminated against black folks by either 1) proposing underwriting standards to not allow blacks to get loans or 2) steering mortgage lenders away from black neighborhoods (redlining)
  • The US government also setup economic policies to ensure that blacks could not compete equally with whites (Jim Crow segregation).
  • In the south where agriculture was such a big part of how blacks provided for themselves, the federal government via FDA discriminated against black farmers so they couldn't receive loans/grants and gave those same loans/grants to white farmers.
So you have an educational system setup where school funding is based on property taxes. You make it damn impossible for blacks to get mortgages on those properties. And then you take away their ability to compete economically with whites.

But somehow we're supposed to ignore all of that and say it's not a race issue :comeon:
Quoted for emphasis.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
If you get your money up, race won't matter. Thats the point.

The masses of whites aren't in the position they're in because they "got their money up." They're in their because they received support from the US government which helped build the white American middle class and helped disenfranchise blacks from all walks of life.

Telling black people to essentially pull themselves up by their boot straps does not to fix the problem of systematic racism and institutionalized white supremacy, it just keeps the status quo what it is.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You fell for old White guys' doublespeak playbook.
Racism ain't just gonna "die off" with mere education of race issues alone.

Black people have to:

1. increase their population

2. increase their economic base

3. Since you're VISUALLY black, you really don't have much of a choice to ignore the first two. Other ethnic groups can pass as being "less black" than us. We can't, even though we're functionally diverse in our own right.

I'm tired of ya'll throwing race into the equation, when money is the problem here.

Poor whites exist too...and in far greater and wider situations than blacks. You wouldn't know it, but its there.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Racism ain't just gonna "die off" with mere education of race issues alone.

Black people have to:

1. increase their population

2. increase their economic base

3. Since you're VISUALLY black, you really don't have much of a choice to ignore the first two. Other ethnic groups can pass as being "less black" than us. We can't, even though we're functionally diverse in our own right.

I'm tired of ya'll throwing race into the equation, when money is the problem here.

Poor whites exist too...and in far greater and wider situations than blacks. You wouldn't know it, but its there.

Poor White receive and disproportional amount of government subsidies. You really think old White men would allow for Black people to increase their economic base so easily?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The masses of whites aren't in the position they're in because they "got their money up." They're in their because they received support from the US government which helped build the white American middle class and helped disenfranchise blacks from all walks of life.

Telling black people to essentially pull themselves up by their boot straps does not to fix the problem of systematic racism and institutionalized white supremacy, it just keeps the status quo what it is.

But everything you're saying doesn't matter since you're DEFINITELY not getting shyt from the government.

They're not going to just write people of "melanin" a cheque.

That ship has sailed.

So now you're left with this.

Surface disenfranchisement of blacks.

Not codifed as in years past.

But its more subtle.

Well...you can't just say they're against you now. They're not...on paper.

So how are you going to beat the system?

Asking for MORE legal "protection?"

Not gonna happen. Especially after Obama.

Dude, most of the barriers to success have been removed.

The bootstraps IS kinda something we're not pushing enough. Not all whites, asians, or indians out here are just gifted like they. They push and work hard.

So I ask why we're not doing the same. A lot of it is choice...and some of it is a destructive culture (which is a can of worms the militants wanna ignore)

Let me ask you: WHAT ARE YOUR SOLUTIONS?

Complaining about racism?

OK...

Now what?

The HARD work often goes overlooked...but it creates the longest lasting results.

Kids MUST be pushed harder and farther. Theres no way around it. Kids MUST major in better topics.

Kids MUST be forced to "stop chasing entertainment dreams"

"racism" ain't going anywhere...just like stupidity aint going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.