Bad Boys 4: Ryde or Die - June 6th, 2024

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You know Bay about to walk back into the director chair with his chest puffed out.

I started this!!

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Bay will go back in the director chair. Bilall & Adil (The directors) did their thing and are on fire in Hollywood. Plus, Will & Martin got a long with them. They made this fresh, and moved the series forward. I'm petty sure Sony will make sure to bring those directors back for the sequel.

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
This better do at least 40 mil out the gate
will needs the W
suicide squad and gemini man damaged his box office pull

Last edited:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
i'm annoyed it took til they were too :flabbynsick: for them to truly prioritize producing these. we should have had at least 5 will-martin movies by now.
Yeah I wish they had done some other movies I know at one point many years ago it was rumored they would do an Uptown Saturday Night remake. That would be interesting.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah I wish they had done some other movies I know at one point many years ago it was rumored they would do an Uptown Saturday Night remake. That would be interesting.
my bad, i was referring to 4-5 installments of bad boys in particular. this series has a lot of gags/tropes that lend to establishing a franchise, and 9 years between the first two was garbage, but made sense given how big will became and the personal challenges martin had in the late 90's/early 00's, but 15 years between 2 and 3? fukk no

jackson35

Banned
Daps
'Bad Boys 4' in the Works (Exclusive)

When Sony says Bad Boys for Life, the studio means for life.

Just as Sony readies for the Friday release of the third installment of the action franchise starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, it is making moves to develop a fourth entry, thus extending even further the sporadic buddy cop movie series that began in 1995.

Chris Bremner, who worked on Bad Boys for Life, has been tapped to pen the script, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Smith and Lawrence are, of course, expected to return and the plan is there for not to have the same time lag between Bad Boys II and Bad Boys for Life. The time lag was due to several factors, such as spiraling budgetary costs, but also about finding the right story.

The sequel had several fits and stops in recent years, with different writers and directors coming and going. The movie’s final writing credits include Joe Carnahan and Peter Craig receiving "story by" credit and sharing "screenplay by" credit with Bremner.

The movie has been garnering quite positive reviews and, despite the lines of “One last time” in the trailer, leaves plenty of room for a sequel by the end.

Bremner's schedule is heating up as he is also writing National Treasure 3 for Disney, among other projects. That project is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, who is also the producer behind Bad Boys for Life. He is repped by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment.
forget will and martin. they are too old to be doing the type of stunts the franchise requires to be a super dope flick. we need a new breed of black action stars. the new class of bad boys. not dudes with gray hair with big guts

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
my bad, i was referring to 4-5 installments of bad boys in particular. this series has a lot of gags/tropes that lend to establishing a franchise, and 9 years between the first two was garbage, but made sense given how big will became and the personal challenges martin had in the late 90's/early 00's, but 15 years between 2 and 3? fukk no
Oh I agree it was longer than it should have been I just think it would have worked well them doing some other buddy films together also. I enjoyed the movie either way wasn't better than 1 or 2 though.