Back to the Future.... Almost 30 Years Old

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The part that I don't like about "Back To The Future" is when Michael J. Fox's character, Marty McFly, plays a guitar solo during the school dance.
He performed a guitar solo on hollow-body electric guitar with passive humbuckers through a tube amp from what we knew to be the 1955. Back then, guitars did not have active pickup technology to push an amp into overdrive, there were no boost effect pedals to push a tube amp into overdrive, nor were tube amps wired to get the amount of overdrive/distortion that Marty McFly obtained. Even if he cranked the volume knobs, the gain would have been limited to the technology, so he may have gotten some clipping/very mild distortion. Example, go to a music store, plug into a Marshall tube amp. Crank up the gain. You'll get a a hard rock/metal distortion sound. Then, plug into a Fender tweed-covered tube amp (tan colored outside that looks like burlap). Crank up the gain. You hear the difference. It will be subtle, but you only hear mild clipping. That's what tube amps would have been like back in the 1950s.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's your username.

Yeah because i love the character and love the name but I'm talking about Michael J. Fox, not his character. He did this, he was Alex P. Keaton, Doc Hollywood, and then my favorite character he's ever played, Michael Flarrety on Spin City.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The part that I don't like about "Back To The Future" is when Michael J. Fox's character, Marty McFly, plays a guitar solo during the school dance.
He performed a guitar solo on hollow-body electric guitar with passive humbuckers through a tube amp from what we knew to be the 1955. Back then, guitars did not have active pickup technology to push an amp into overdrive, there were no boost effect pedals to push a tube amp into overdrive, nor were tube amps wired to get the amount of overdrive/distortion that Marty McFly obtained. Even if he cranked the volume knobs, the gain would have been limited to the technology, so he may have gotten some clipping/very mild distortion. Example, go to a music store, plug into a Marshall tube amp. Crank up the gain. You'll get a a hard rock/metal distortion sound. Then, plug into a Fender tweed-covered tube amp (tan colored outside that looks like burlap). Crank up the gain. You hear the difference. It will be subtle, but you only hear mild clipping. That's what tube amps would have been like back in the 1950s.
As someone who plays guitar

:heh:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's almost 2015 (the year BTTF 2 takes place) and we still haven't go our hover boards and flying cars yet. :stopitslime: :to:

Not in public at least....its possible for have a hover craft in an controlled environment

And wears my Nikes with the Auto laces .. not that Kanye crap ..
And my jacket with the auto sleeves adjust (true one-size fits all) and built in air dryer

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Bruh i'm not disputing that at all...

The part I don't like is Marty's lip synching voice... :mjlol:
Oh yeah. That was a joke. I guess when you are kid, you just think it's real. When I first saw back to the future, I was amazed at his guitar tones. Later on, I was like, that was garbage.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

:rudy: fukk outta here breh you really think of shyt like that when yu're watching a movie? you're like those dumb fukks complaining about one tv antenna you can barely see on a rooftop for 0.0002 of a second in an Indiana Jones movie or something.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

The guitar he used also wasn't around until '59 or some shyt

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
:ehh:

cbe80d5441aa4f1d8e799312d827e884_md.jpg