Back in wrestlings GOAT era..were you watching Monday Nitro, Monday Night Raw or ECW?

little4209

All Star
Daps
Thursday night Smackdown :myman:...even went to Smackdown live with my dad and brother:lolbron:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
WWF Raw and War Zone

The first DX with Shawn Michaels had me drawn in.... and then it just got better with Stone Cold The Rock and the new DX.

WCW was weird to me for some reason and never watched ECW.

This thread makes me miss the good old days where things were simple in the world. :beli:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was always a fan of WWF first. But, when I discovered Harlem Heat, Chris Benoit, Sting and then

NWO took over WCW; Nitro had the crown for a minute. Thank Gawd for the illegal cable black box that allowed me to see my wrestling pay-per-views free as charge :blessed:

Tuesday mornings, I would be the only girl talking with the boys about, 'did you see Sting flying from the rafters and going HAM on the entire NWO' :youngsabo:

So many of my favorite wrestlers died: :rip: Savage, Benoit, Women, Ms. Elizabethh, Owen, Guererro...and the list goes on.

Or, they're literally :flabbynsick: Razor Ramone/Scott Hall :bryan::to:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
hbk4.gif

RAW although I would mostly be switching back and forth, so much piff :noah:

VAGATOR

Pro
Daps
:yes:

When I discovered ECW.... :wow:

I remember back in the mid-90s in the 757, it would come on mid afternoon Saturdays, and you would actually have to unhook your cable to get the local independent station it was on because it hadn't been picked up by the local cable company yet. :ahh: The Gangstas, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, the over the top violence, I was eating good as a teenager. :win:

VAGATOR

Pro
Daps
I always rode with the Coke Boy
proudvince.png
From the days of Wrestling Challenge and Superstars on Saturday afternoons before raw existed to the dark 94-96 days, to I just couldn't take his PG era crap. I just couldn't get into the WCW even though I was from the South. I thought their plots completely sucked except for the early NWO stuff.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Thread got me remembering when we were able to switch back-and-forth between two hot, action-packed wrestling shows :lawd:.......shyt was so good even teens and adults were watching, had nikkas in high school talking about what happened on Raw/Nitro the previous night; that was the time when most people knew it was scripted but couldn't clown anyone with that shyt because it was so mainstream and the characters/storylines were hot, even getting mainstream media attention a few times (Tyson and Austin)

Gotdamn........wrestling ain't a shyt now :damn:

Now all we got is garbage-ass PG-era WWE with Cena and them :snoop:.......it ain't that bad overall but it's NOTHING like the good ol' days in the late 90s......and the next best thing you can watch now is TNA, which only a few thousand people watch :heh:.....all TNA got is WWE rejects and :flabbynsick:, past-their-prime legends